I Love You

Alex's POV

It was beginning to get dark outside, and people were slowly gathering their things and leaving the bar.

" I guess I need to be going," I stated as I picked out my coat and slung it over my shoulder. Hercules nodded.

" I think Laf and I are going to stay here for a while longer," he said.

" I'll come with you," John spoke up.

So together the two of us the left the bar, and started walking towards his house.

" I guess I'm walking you home," I said nervously. John blushed.

"That's very kind of you," he whispered. I almost giggled. He's just too cute.

Suddenly I remembered something I had been meaning to talk to him about.

"Laurens," I said, grabbing onto his arm. He turned to stare at me.

"I don't think we can ever be together. People just wouldn't accept it. Maybe some of them would, but..."

I looked at him helplessly.

" You know I love you, right?" I asked sadly. John nodded, tears filling his eyes. But before any of them could slip out, he blinked them away.

" And I love you too," he told me.

By then we had reached his street ,and we were approaching his house. When we got to his door, I grabbed both his hands and whispered, " I don't know what is going to happen to us, but I just want you to know that I love you and only you."

John nodded and quickly kissed my cheek next to my mouth, before running inside.

As I walked back home, all I could think about was how much I loved John Laurens.