Chapter 20 - Trapped in the Digital World?! Wait... Wrong Anime!

The group pulled up to a large, middle class, suburban home on the outskirts of Washington, DC. (Y/n) stepped out of the rental car and brought the men inside her parents home.

"My parents are out of town, but we can stay as long as we need to. I'll get my computer so we can go over everything we know." (Y/n) said as the group made themselves at home in the living room. Seto was already busy typing away on his laptop.

"Oh no!" (Your name) exclaimed, looking at the computer screen, wide-eyed. "Gozaburo now owns 40 percent of Kaiba Corp stock! That happened quicker than I expected!"

Seto stood up angrily. "That's it! I've had enough with these detours and sitting around. I'm going to rescue my company and you all can join me or not, but don't hold me back!"

"Wait, Seto!" Mokuba exclaimed. "We need to stay here where it's safe until we have a game plan!"

"Mokuba's right, Kaiba! We want to help you, but we need to think strategically." Yugi added.

Before Seto could give one of his usual sarcastic replies, an unknown number rang from his personal cell phone.

"What is it?" He answered coldly.

"Son, is that really any way to talk to your father?" The man on the other line spoke.

"Gozaburo!" Seto snapped. "You tried to frame me for a murder and had the nerve to steal money from my company's profits to fraudulently purchase Kaiba Corp stocks! Forgive me for the lack of formalities."

"Now, now, son... Isn't that basically how you took over my company years ago?" Gozaburo retorted.

"That's nothing like what I did!" Seto declared. "I'm the only man capable of running Kaiba Corp. You clearly lost your company to someone far superior to you, Pops!"

"That's what you think, son. I've devised the perfect plan to reclaim my company from your grasp. Meet me at the coordinates in your inbox in one hour if you have any hope of maintaining your control over Kaiba Corp."

"Yeah right, like I'm going to some random location because you called me up and told me to?" Seto sneered, rage building in his face and his toned muscles.

"Do what you want, Seto, but if you don't show up in an hour, I'm going to purchase the rest of your stock needed to have a majority of Kaiba Corp shares."

Seto growled, his face contorting to the angriest glare (Your name) had ever seen. "You'll do no such thing, old man! You'll be seeing me soon, and when you do, you'll wish you never dared to challenge Seto Kaiba!"

He angrily hung up, shut his briefcase and jumped towards the front door, with (your name), Mokuba, and Yugi following suit. Seto hopped in the driver's seat, and sped towards the coordinates given by Gozaburo.

The group arrived at a warehouse in a remote location, and cautiously stepped inside what looked like a makeshift computer lap. On the farside of the large room was a shut door that appeared to be an office space.

Seto rushed forward and kicked the door open, revealing his stepfather sitting at a desk, as if he had been waiting for this very moment.

"Seto, you decided to show up." The man said coldly.

"Seto Kaiba is no coward," The tall CEO declared about himself. "Now man up and face me, you bastard!"

"Not so fast, Seto!" The older man snapped his finger and several bodyguards arrived on both sides of Seto and behind Mokuba, Yugi and (y/n). The guards forced the four into a smaller room that was completely vacant of light.

Disoriented from the darkness, (Y/n) stepped forward into the pitch black room. Feeling the flooring collapse before her, she let out a soft scream. At that moment, she felt someone's hand wrap around her wrist as the pair tumbled into sheer darkness. Seconds later, the other two fell into the same dark abyss.

******

(Your name) woke up under the shade of a large tree. The ground was lush with grass, and felt cool to the touch, thanks to the generous forestry. She pushed herself up, looking around the vacant surrounding area.

"Where- where am I?' She murmured, seeing no signs of her friends. "Hello! Anyone out there?"

A rustling in the bushes gave (y/n) pause. She quickly grabbed a rock near her to defend herself, if necessary.

The shaking continued more rapidly, until a short young man with spiky tri-colored hair appeared.

"Yugi! You terrified me!"

"Sorry, (y/n), I was trying to find a way out of this place."

"Any luck?"

"Not yet."

"Ugh. Gozaburo is such a lunatic. How could a father be so cruel to his own sons?" (Y/n) crossed her arms in disgust. "I guess we've got to find a way out of this virtual rathole. Then we will help Seto take down Gozaburo and save his company!"

******

On the opposite side of the large forest, two men awoke from their painful fall with the most terrible headaches.

"Big brother..." Mokuba groaned. "I don't feel so good."

Seto stood, gazing into the horizon for any potential escape route. "Come on, Mokuba. The sooner we can get out of this cesspool, the better."

The two wandered further into the forest, scanning their surroundings for any potential escape route, unaware of the sinister presence following them.