Chapter 5

Lance leaned against the last bit of the standing statue, sliding down it and sitting. He wrapped his arms around himself, keeping himself from crying.

Two moray eels slithered into the cave, the orange one, Ezor, spoke up, "Poor child. He has a very serious problem."

Lance slowly looked up, flinching back at the strangers before him.

"If only we could do something about it." The purple one, Zethrid, said.

"Oh, but there is!" Ezor said proudly.

Lance stood his ground, "Who are you?"

Zethrid slithered around him, "Don't be scared."

"We represent someone who can help you." Ezor informed, her scales touching the skin of the merman.

Lance flinched at the contact of the two and moved slightly to show he was uncomfortable. The eels moved in front of him, wrapping around each other like a corkscrew.

"Someone who could make all your dreams come true!" Zethrid added.

"Just imagine," Ezor started. "You and your prince charming, together forever."

Lance gulped, "I-I don't understand."

"Lotor has magnificent powers!" Ezor chirped.

"The-The sea witch?!" Lance asked with surprise. "No, I couldn't possibly- no! Get out of here and leave me alone!"

"Suit yourself." Ezor simply said.

Zethrid sighed, "It was only a suggestion.

The two swam off slowly. Zethrid flicked her tail, purposely sending the broken face of the statue towards Lance. The merman looked at it, letting his fingers graze the cheek of it.

"Wait." He demanded, not taking his gaze off the statue's face.

The two eels turned to the merman with a mischievous smirk. Lance straightened up, a face of determination evident. The eels chirped happily, guiding him out of the cave.

"Lance!" Coran shouted. "Where are you going? What are you doing with these riff-raffs?!"

"I'm going to see Lotor." Lance said with no emotion.

"Lance, no! No, he's a demon, a monster!" Coran tried to protest.

"Why don't you go tell my father?" Lance snapped with a harsh look on his face. "You seem to be very good at that."

Coran frowned, "But-" He sighed, turning to Hunk as the three left. "Let's go."

The travel to Lotor's cavern was very short. The eels guided the merman into a skeleton like cavern and through a tunnel that seemed to have a garden of shriveled crying souls.

Lance's tail was grabbed by a decaying figure and he grunted as he tried to pull away. He yanked back, now hovering by an arched doorway.

Lotor perked up, his white hair moving with him. "Oh! Come in. You shouldn't lurk in the doorway, it's a bit rude." He swiveled, his octopus tailed legs swiveled around him. "Now, you're here because you have a thing for the prince. Quite a catch, isn't he?" Lance slowly nodded and Lotor moved towards him. "Well, angel fish, the solution to your problem is quite simple! The only way to get what you desire is to just become human yourself."

"But can you do that?" Lance asked.

"Well, it's what I do! What I live for. To help unfortunate merfolk like yourself." Lotor grinned, placing a finger under Lance's chin and having him look to him. "Poor souls who have no one to turn to."