[9] daredevil type shit

"He's dead, and I..." Elliot felt ashamed at what she had done earlier. She felt guilty and the feeling she had in her chest would agree. What could she have done better? 

"I mean, I'm a scientist nay I'm a doctor and the only thing I could think of ended with a man dead. I'm a danger... I'm a danger to society. They should take away my medical licence and whatever lets me do science, take it away," she began while crying which progressed to rambling.

"Look, El, you did what you needed to do. You kept everybody safe," Fitz gently said while patting Elliot's hair as she lay her head on his lap. Normal Elliot would have been freaked out by this, being so close to Fitz, feeling his hand through her hair but she felt too weighted down.

It was times like this that Elliot felt a spark between her and Fitz, then the next minute the two were paling around. Their lives were too crazy for either of them to acknowledge not even the possibility for the other to be a love interest but just fathom what they meant to each other.

"You loved him and, and, and Simmons too, and I'm responsible, he'll never teach you again... not that you need it because you're grown up," She looked back up into his soft eyes, "well a little bit," with that final comment, she laughed slightly, putting a smile on Fitz' face after seeing an upset Elliot.

"Right now, all I care about is you, okay?" He laughed slightly

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Elliot spent the next few days in utter despair, lounging around, reading, sleeping, most of which with Fitz. No matter where she was, whenever she thought about Fitz, he would magically appear. Elliot not knowing that he constantly looking over her, sharing a similar feeling.

Really it shamed Elliot to say that she had gone an entire day without changing out of her sweatpants, get the dirtiest looks imaginable from Ward and May.

Elliot was currently in her bunk reading a book about thermodynamics when she heard a soft, familiar knock on the door followed by the only face that could light up her day.

"Morning, sleepyhead. Can you still say that if the other person is awake or not?"

"If they're sleepy then it's warranted," Elliot then look at Fitz with a glimpse of light in her eyes, "as much as I love the visit, what's up?" 

"Thought you might be needed in the lab," Fitz smiled

"What a way to try and tell me to do my damn job," Elliot joked as she contemplating whether she should get out of the same clothes she'd worn for the past 48 hours, ultimately deciding not to because fuck it. 

Elliot walked into the lab, being welcomed by Jemma and before even looking, gave Ward the middle finger because God knows what sarcastic expression he was giving her. 

"Good fucking morning, Ward, have a nice sleep?"

"I did... last night and no, not good morning, good afternoon. It's after 12," Ward retorted. Elliot looked at her phone at wallowed in the fact that it was a lot later than she thought.

"I only get one shot. And it has to knock a person back, as well as out," Ward was communicating with Fitz regarding weaponry that Elliot was just too mentally drained to care about. Fitz then from behind Ward picks up a gun that Elliot knew was familiar, maybe in some old schematics.

"Which is why we're perfecting this little beauty," Fitz through this would pick up her interest and it did, only slightly. ".45 calibre cartridges, semi-automatic," his tone designed to excite Elliot yet not succeeding. "Each mag... contains eight therapeutic rounds of Dendrotoxin which we could not have figured out with Elliot, I mean we were racking our brains and even when she's slug-like-"