Prelude

_________________________
Some years later after the breakup

Win's heart is almost bursting from its rib cage— his face etched with devastation as his pace become faster every single minute. His mind is out on the loose and as soon as he saw Bright's house, his legs became weak and his hands are evidently shaking as he find his strength to open the locked door with a key password. His breathing is hitched, but his focus was as clear as glass.

He went straight ahead to Bright's room and searched for his nightstand where he tried to pull the only cabinet there is which he found out to be locked. His patience runs thin as his body now becomes uneasy. Win used blunt force and now his mind is already engulfing his system— hands twitch, and eyes start to squint.

Win immediately rummaged through the things that was inside the cabinet which contain pictures and polaroids they have taken each other before, dried petals of flowers, and the one that he was curiously searching from the beginning— that piece of parchment that's making his mind in a total blur.

His hands were shaking as he immediately pulled it out from the drawer and took a deep breath as he now start to open and read it slowly. His eyes started to pool and his mind immediately went blank.

"Win,

Hi! It's Bright and I know this is quite irrelevant, but I hope you're in a good place. It's been 6 long years, Win. It was surely tough and it was a slow death to me— not seeing your smile and how you light up each of my days whenever I see you laugh. But please know that I'm trying to be okay, Win. I'm trying my best.

I know I should've sent you this letter sooner, but I hope it's not yet too late. Okay here we go.

What is love?

Growing up, I used to be full of love because of my parents. How I always felt happiness when they are beside me and when I see them when my eyes sprung open every morning. But when my mom passed away, I completely lost the strength to believe in it anymore. My life was completely engulfed with darkness. I never found reason to live.

Until someone came into my life, and I felt at ease. It was you, Win. You came as warmth, and at first I was curious. But I knew when the first time I saw you, you were going to change my life.

You actually did.

You have brought so much meaning to my life which I once lost. You made me feel loved and safe in this world that is full of chaos. You have brought me your radiant warmth that filled every cold spots within my heart and in between. You are beautiful, inside and out. You deserve everything in this world. Your smile always calms and brightens up my mood— you were my safe haven, my home from this outspoken world. The one who replenishes my energy; the one I'm never tired to be with. You were the calm in my storms— peace in my raging heart.

I have always loved your personal view in life. How you choose to look in a different perspective as things may sometimes fell into wrong places. I love how passionate you are in everything that you do. I love everything about you. You are so fragile, like an important thing in someone's possession that no one should dare to touch. But I'm sorry I broke you. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, but I know it's not going to happen now.

Life will be different without you and I really hate it. We have shared so much with each other and I'm really grateful that I met you. Those little things always mattered. You are the risk I'll always take, my love. You are the risk worth taking.

I know good things always come to an end, but I didn't expect this to happen.

But I believe we'll meet again. In another lifetime— a better timeline where we can grow old together. Where we can finally say we made it.

Thank you so much for opening your heart to me. Thank you so much for loving me. Thank you for making me realize love exists in every possible way. You gave me a reason to live. You stood beside me when no one else could.

Our time was really short, but I promise you that we will meet again. Hopefully someday, when everything is right and everything is perfect. You will be forever in my heart, my Metawin.

You are the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. I love you, more than anything.

Bright."

Tears continued to flow all throughout his cheeks as he just stared into nothingness. The silence that engulfs the surroundings started to become deafening as he slowly closed his eyes. Everything immediately hit him like a sharp knife piercing to the heart.

"2 years too late, I guess?" A voice broke the silence with which echoed inside the four-cornered room. Win's chest immediately rose and was lifted all the heaviness that has been built up ever since.

________________________________

Author's Note

Hello guys! Just a short update for the Prelude. Welcome to the second half of In This Lifetime! ❤️

Thank you for always supporting this story. I love you all guys! See you on the next chapter 🥰
-k