Chapter 3: Fries

[3rd POV]
-

Walking back to my hideout after strolling through Waterfall, she tries to hide herself from others.

Though people tend to not bother her despite how mysterious her figure is, a monster under a large hooded cloak. But that's alright cause she'd rather have it that way. Yes, the rumors have probably have died down by now but she would rather be safe than sorry.

The rumors... It's what had to lead her to who she was now. A bad impression on society. A possible murderer. And so on. She's been hiding in the shadows for over a year or so, taking any opportunity to get free gold and resources in order to survive alone. There's this pink blob creature that'll give her some G if she stepped on it, as weird and ridiculous as it is, it was the best way to get gold. Otherwise, she'd hunt anywhere, the dump has a lot of things falling from above and there are large bushes that'd have random materials at times. And sometimes when she's lucky, there would be gold just on the ground!

She arrived at her hidden little home and as if on cue her stomach grumbles. It has been.. two? three? three days since her last meal.

'Hungry...'

A few weeks ago she decided to put her gold under a rock to make sure it's hidden just in case someone happens to stumble around here. She heads to the rock and lifted it up a bit, taking some of her gold and stand up. She smiled and then placed down the rock back.

She peaked out of her hidden territory to check whether any monsters were passing by. Seeing that the coast is clear, she started to head off.

There isn't much food being sold here at Waterfall beside Nice Cream from what she's seen. Hotlands? Might dust off due to the extreme heatwaves that the region has. Snowdin town is the place where most stuff is at and she's capable of surviving there. And that's exactly where she's going at.

She has now passed the border between Waterfall and Snowdin and she continues through the thick fog that usually appears somehow in this place. Straightforward, she then gets out of the fog and sees the town up ahead. Hood up, she proceeds to pass a few buildings before reaching her destination, Grillby's. The fast-food as what they call it here is just delicious.

The bell chimed as the vampire entered.

Her presence has yet again caught the attention of people. Some conversations paused, glances and curios looks were on the lone monster yet she contained her posture and walked to the counter. She's gotten used to this already as it has been like this ever since she's shown herself to public. If only she hid forever...

She sat down as the fire man in a suit, Grillby the fine and quiet owner of this bar, came up to her as usual for an order.

Since she had no intention to ever use her voice again as someone might recognize her, she just pointed at the fries on the mini menu on the counter's surface.

Upon waiting, she just kept focus and held a stern face while looking at whatever was in front of her. Ignoring the eventual glances from the other customers. The conversations were back in the air on filling the warm atmosphere of the bar.

The bell chimes again, signaling another person has stepped in.

She doesn't pay any mind at whoever entered but a lot of people seem to greet the person. Probably well-known or famous but who knows? The greetings we're pretty loud though. Does the whole bar know this monster?

"Hey Sans!" So his name is Sans. This guy sure gets a lot of Hi's and Hellos.

"Yo waddup bonehead."