Rising - Part One

The room is filled with maps, papers and other stuff. Daniel Jackson stands next to a whiteboard and is writing something on it, next to six symbols.

"Daniel." Says a young woman with chocolate brown hair.

"Hm?" Daniel continues with his writing.

"Check this out."

He puts down the pen and walks over to the table.

"What have you found Lia?"

She hands him a paper. "Look." She smiles at him.

Daniel quickly reads through the paper and then stares at it for a moment.

"Well?"

"I... You..." He stammers. "Lia, I love you!"

He throws the paper on the table and starts walking out of the room. He then stops and comes back into the room, towards Lia. He stops in front of her and takes her head into his hands to kiss her forehead.

"You are the best!"

With that he leaves.

Lia stares after him, chuckling. She walks out of the room, knowing he will bring Dr. Weir and Mckay there.

---

Lia walks around in the compound, people are working all around her. Soon she stands in front of the chair, an ancient device. She turns around and suddenly bumps into someone's chest and falls backwards. A pair of strong arms catch her, pressing her against the chest.

"Whoa, easy there lass." A soft, warm voice says.

Lia nods while resting her head against the chest. It felt comfortable and safe. She forces herself away and looks up towards the face of the owner to the chest.

"I'm sorry." She says, staring at him. The comfortable chest belongs to a nice looking man. "I should look where I'm going..."

"Aye, but it's my fault as well." He scratches the back of his head, looking embarrassed. "Carson Beckett, Doctor." He says and holds out his hand.

"Lia McGillion, Captain and Language Archaeologist." She takes his hand.

"Ah, that's an interesting combination."

"I know. Daniel said the same when I met him."

"Dr. Jackson?" He looks confused and interesting at her.

Lia nods and realise that she is still holding his hand.

"Carson, chair, now." A sharp voice says.

"Oh bloody hell, no..." Carson says, horrified.

Rodney Mckay comes into vision.

Carson quickly lets go of Lia's hand. Rodney stops for a second when he sees Lia, then he focus on Carson.

"Chair."

He turns Carson around and stats pushing him towards the chair.

"Look, we've been through this. I'm not your man." Carson sounds irritated.

"Keep moving."

"I'm a doctor, a medical doctor."

Lia looks after them and decides to follow them. She knew Rodney and she had still not seen the chair active.

"There is nothing to be afraid of." Rodney says.

"You don't understand. I break things like this."