Hide and Seek

"Lia"

She taps her headset "Yes?"

"It's Peter, can you come to the science lab?"

Lia sighs. Peter sounded worried over something.

"On my way." She puts down her book on the table and walks out of her office, out in the main room. Everyone is running around, trying to organize everything.

"I'm heading out."

"Where?" Victoria, a blonde woman asks.

"Grodin needs me."

"He likes you!"

"No he doesn't."

Lia exist her and her teams lab and hurries down to the science lab. When she arrives at the lab the door opens and what she meets is chaos.

"What the..." Lia stares at it.

People are running around and there is stuff everywhere.

"Lia! Thank God you are here." Grodin says, waving her over.

"Her? Could you not think about anyone else?" She hears Rodney say.

"What's going on?" She ignores him as she walks over to them. "And what's that?" She points at the green object on Rodney's chest.

"The reason why I asked you to come." Peter says.

"It's a death machine!" Rodney yells.

"Calm down and explain what's going on!" Lia leans against the table.

Rodney mumbles something and sits down.

"We found a lab type room with stuff in it. Rodney picked that up and then he got his gene therapy." Peter says.

"So you have no idea what that thing is?"

"It's my death sentence!" Rodney yells.

"If you die it's your own bloody fault!" She yells back at him. "This is the reason why I'm here! Me and my team! We are here to check the items found in this city and in this galaxy in order to prevent things like this happening!"

The room have went quiet and everyone is staring at them, most at Lia.

She turns to Peter. "Could you take me to this lab? She says as calmly as she can.

He nods and leads her out of the room with Rodney tailing behind them.

They arrive at the lab and Lia takes a quick look around. Peter shows her where they had found the device. The hour passes. Rodney is sitting in a corner, watching Lia's every move. Lia is going through the research material about the shield device. She had even called in Nickolas, who is the science guy in her team.

"There is really not much about it."

"I know Nick, but please keep looking."

Lia sighs and returns her focus to the panel again, hoping to find something. She sighs again. She has gone over the data and run it through the translation program she and Daniel had created with help from Sam, so many times without any answers.

"Peter."

He comes over. "Any news?"

"Sadly not." She shakes her head. "All I get is that it was meant as a shield device so that they could explore or fix things in dangerous areas. But it never worked and it broke down and after that malfunction time after time. The Ancient put it aside and probably forgot about it."

"So you mean..."

"That all we can hope for is that it will malfunction or that there is a working safety mechanism as a fail safe that feels that when he is close to death it will shut down."