Rising - Part Two

The flight from Antarctica has been so long. Thankfully they will soon to land. A car were going to be there, waiting for her. She was going directly to the SGC to brief General O'Neill and receive her new mission for the next two coming months.

"Captain, we will be landing soon." One of the solders on board says.

She nods and prepare herself for the landing.

The landing goes smoothly. She hated to fly and yet she was part of the air force.

Lia picks up her back and carefully steps out of the plane. One of the soldiers shows her the way to the car.

"Dr. McGillion."

She looks at the one speaking. It's a man wearing civil clothing. The man takes of his hat and sunglasses.

"General." Lia says surprised and salutes.

He ignores her salute and opens the car door. "Get in."

She stares at him and the car. He had opened the front door.

"Come on. I don't have all day." He says with a irritated, yet joyful voice.

"Ok..."

Jack takes her bag from her as she gets into the car and he throws it into the backseat. He then gets

round and sits down behind the steering wheel, starts the car and they leaves the airport.

"Why are you out of uniform Jack?"

"Because of where we are going."

Lia sigh. "We're not going to the base?"

"Nope."

"So, where are we going?"

"You will see." He smiles at her.

She sighs again and looks out. The city is busy as always.

"How's the team?" She asks, still looking out.

"They are fine. Headstrong as always."

Lia smiles. "Sounds good. I miss them."

"They are looking forward to meet you again." He chuckles. "In fact there are a party at mine this evening and the team will be there. You are the main guest."

"And I have nothing to say about this?"

"Nope."

"As always..."

They starts laughing.

"It's great to have you back Lia."

"Great to be home." She place her hand on his arm for a brief moment. Jack had been, still is, like a father to her. When she had joined SGC at joined at young age he had taken her under his wings. He had pushed her to follow her dream and paid for her studies so she could become a language archaeologist. Not to mention Sam. She was her best friend and was like a sister to her. Sam had always been there. The whole team had. The team was her family.

"We are here." Jack says, interrupting her thoughts.

Lia looks up and smiles when she sees where they are. "Oh Jack! This is my favourite restaurant!"

"I know."

They steps out of the car.

"Grab your papers." He says and takes his portfolio.

She nods and opens her bag and brings out the envelope she got from Dr. Weir and her computer bag.

Jack locks the car and they walks into the restaurant. They are showed to a table in a corner and are given the menu.