Chapter 6

People always do crazy things... When they're in love. That scene revolved in my head. Where could she be? I waited for a few hours if she was taking a stroll in the garden, but she didn't show up... I've waited from twelve o'clock this afternoon and it's it's now twelve hours later and no-onen can tell me where she is. Even my conscience doesn't have the slightest idea. Phil's nowhere to be seen and there's not even a trace where she might be. I have to find her, I just have to. I'll find Pegasus right now and tell him that it's an emergency. Yeah. Heroic saving D.I.D duty onward. Neighh.

He refuses to move. "Come on, buddy! Meg's in trouble! Please! Help m-ee!" My constant pleas were turning into whines, and my only mode of transportation was refusing to transport me anywhere. Not even ten yards with an apple right in front of his eyes. Although I know I have to keep trying, something's telling me to give up. No. What can I do to convince him to move? Might bribery work? Playing dead? Abandoning him until he's whining for me to come back? Nah, even that is a step too far. Ple-e-e-ease!!!! Oh, no. I need you, Pegasus, can't you see? Come on, you're the one horse that's standing between saving my D.I.D and having a long list of life long regrets. Oh, but what can I do? He won't listen to me. He's so distracted that - Wait, that's it! Why was I so stupid as to not think of this before? I'll borrow a horse (maybe a stallion) from the stables, so much for loyalty. I'll leave him all alone. Yeah, that'll teach him a lesson! Good bye! I'm off to save my girl, and you're not coming with me ha-ha! I know I'll feel a little guilty, but that's bound to budge sooner or later.

*   *   *

"Morning, hero of Greece, how can we help you on this fine day?" I smiled as I looked up to see rainclouds starting to form. I told him that Pegasus wasn't feeling too well and I needed a stand in until he was feeling better. The man sighed. "Alright. Send m y best wishes of recovery to Pegasus for me!" And off I went.

Swiftly, so he knew that I was safe, I pulled a ruby red apple out of my feeding bag and notioned it towards him so that he knew it was good to eat. I assured him that it was fresh, cream of the crop!, and stroked his mane and he seemed content. Thank the Gods. Soon after, I mounted on his back and we trotted across the stables, then going into a light canter until we reached the fountain. His eyes smiled as if to say, "What's next, tall guy?" I couldn't stifle a little giggle, so out came what sounded like a donkey's cry. I swear, the mid-heighted thing nearly jumped for it's life! Oh, I laughed so hard!

Wise up, old chap. OLD CHAP?! Is that me saying, or thinking, that? Forget it, I've got to focus. I've got someone to save, and knowing the age old villian, he's probably got her bound in some kind of contract which involves a concoction of some ghastly sort... Quick! Atttatch wings to the fellow so he can fly. Are there any aerodynamic looking things around here? God, no, this is Greece! Not Colonial America. Wait, too many explorers. Gah! Never mind the thoughts, I've found something. And a 1...2...3....