Prologue

~Night Time~

Third P.O.V.

It is dark and the street is empty. The street is lighted by lamps as everyone in the neighbourhood is asleep. Among one of the houses, 2 children cuddled with each other while sleeping. 10 years old Eli and Lunette are very close, like two peas in a pod. One would rarely see them separated, as Lunette would follow Eli like a puppy, much to Eli's fond exasperation.

Suddenly, a fiery creature came out of the sewer, flying to the house that it knew. It flew to the second floor, bursting into flames as it reverted to its basic form and landed on the window, waking Eli and Lunette up.

"Burpy?" Eli questioned. "What are you doing here?"

Burpy chirped sadly and flapped his arms, making Lunette sad as she asked a rhetorical question, "Something happened to Papi, isn't it?"

Burpy looked even more sad, making Lunette sniffle as she started to softly sob, Eli putting an arm around her as he looked solemn and sad. He doesn't seem surprised by the news.

"You know the risk of being a Shane and protecting Slugterra, Lune. Even if dad is gone, you still have me." Lunette doesn't look any better but she nodded and burrowed herself into Eli's side even further.

Burpy started to jump into his room and snuggle with Lunette a little bit, before hopping to the carpet and go under it, making Eli move towards it. He shifted the carpet to the side, revealing a secret compartment on the floor. He slid it open, revealing a Shane box under it. Lunette walks towards Eli, kneeling down beside him to see what he is holding. Eli slid the box open, the box showing a letter from his dad.

The boy opened the letter, and started to read the letter with Lunette leaning over to read too. Burpy moved closer to them and touched their knees in comfort, making Lunette smile.

"Dear Eli and Lunette,

If the both of you are reading this, it means that I have fallen protecting Slugterra. It's one of the many risks of being a Shane. Lunette, despite the fact that you are not a true Shane in blood, but you are a true Shane in family and bonds. A risk you both someday will face yourselves, if you two decided to follow in my footsteps. A long line of Shanes has made the trip down to Slugterra, if you two do choose to go, remember our deal... "

"Not until we are 15" we both said simultaneously in correspondence to the letter.

It's been 5 years since they opened the letter, since Burpy came home to them.11 years since they met. On Eli's birthday, they set out to Slugterra at night, backpack slinging on their shoulders with Burpy on Eli's shoulder.

"I've told you guys all about my adventures in Slugterra, and you both will have plenty on your own. Getting down there is gonna be the easy part. Getting back up? That will be a lot harder for both of you. If you guys choose to go, it will be a one way trip until you learn the secret of how to get back home. I know we've always talked about making your first journey underground together, Lune included. But you will have to do this with Lune alone. I've told you guys so much about Slugterra. But it only scratches the surface of what you and Lune will see. You both will travel over 100 miles beneath the surface of the Earth to a place where only a few topsiders have ever seen. Both of you will be safe inside the carriage, just hold on tight to each other."

As Eli reads the letter in one hand and holds Lunette's hand on the other, they make their way to the sewers, where their ride to Slugterra is. Letting go of her hands for a bit to climb the sewers and grab her to steady her when she reaches the sewer grounds. They continue their journey till they reach a secret door with a Shane symbol button on it. Eli pressed the button, and the door started sliding to the side, revealing a mechanic chair with a few buttons on it.

It seems that the chair has been modified however. As Will Shane knows that Lunette will join Eli on his journey to Slugterra, he makes modifications to the chair so that Lunette and Eli will be safer in one chair.

"Eli?" Lunette calls out softly behind him, clenching his hands a little tighter in anxiety. Eli looks back at Lunette and gives her a soft smile, squeezing her hands back in assurance. Lunette hesitantly smiled back, which made Burpy jump from Eli's shoulders to hers to cuddle with her a little. Lunette's shoulder visibly relaxes and gives Burpy a little pat on his head with her finger, which makes both Eli and Burpy smile at her encouragingly.

"Remember Eli, take care of Lune, as she is precious to both of us. Despite the fact that the fire accident happened years ago, scars and bad memories don't disappear just like that. Encourage her and give her the strength and will to live. I know you can."

The slug jumps back to Eli's shoulder, and Eli gets seated and comfortable in the chair and gently pulls Lunette into his lap. Buckling the seatbelt across them and pulling down the steel pole over them as they got seated, Eli opened the cover.

"I will take care of her dad, I promise. She is precious to me after all." Eli thought with determination.

"Ready Lun? Ready Burpy?" He asked. They nodded, one anxious and excited, while the other excited and happy.

Taking a deep breath together, Eli hesitantly pushes the button down as the three of them close their eyes tightly, waiting for the falling impact. A few seconds past when nothing happened, they open their eyes to see what's wrong. Raising one eyebrow as nothing happened, they wondered if the machine malfunctioned. All of a sudden, they started dropping and went into high speed, making them yell in shock.

Thus, this is the beginning of their adventure on Slugterra.

________________________________________________________________________________

~ PREVIEW ~

"Wow, Slugterra" Both of them breathe out in awe, amazed by the view of Slugterra. Mushrooms everywhere that represent trees on The Surface, rocks and cliffs everywhere filled with nature.

"The world beneath our feet" Eli commented. "We are finally here."

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So this is my prologue so far, I hope you guys will enjoy it :)

I want to give this fanfic a try, as i have the ideas and everything in my head to try it out. 

By trying it out, I meant I would delete this fanfic if no one is reading this by the end of the month. I would, because this is my first cartoon fanfic, and my first fanfic about Slugterra, so if this story is not getting any views, it means that something is wrong with my story that I am not seeing. 

See you next chapter! 

Love,

Jane <3