Cast interview #1 The beginning

*Scene is set in a typical cast interview type set with an interviewer and the L4d survivors*

Interviewer: "In today's episode, Valve time will be looking at Valve studio's long awaited and highly anticipated Left 4 Dead series. The new show is almost out and we are here with the main cast to discuss the hype and what to expect from the new show!"

"According to Valve's website, this new production has 22 episodes planned, set in Pennsylvania during a zombie apocalypse. Half of the episodes are finished and are set to come out on Netflix and Steam Streaming November 18th."

*Gestures to the survivors* "These four are the main characters, known as the survivors, go ahead and introduce yourselves, guys!"

Bill: "Guess I'll go first; Howdy, I'm Bill Overbeck and I play Bill."

Francis: "Francis Kotlarz as Francis."

Zoey: "Zoey Clifford, playing Zoey, a.k.a. the last woman alive."

Louis: "And me, Louis Orcutt as- well, as you might've guess now- Louis!"

I: "I find it kind of funny that you all share names with your characters."

L: "Well, they were named after us."

I: "Really? So how did auditions work then?"

Z: *laughs* "It was pretty interesting, to say the least."

F: "Okay, so, *pulls out a piece of folded paper from his vest* at auditions, we got these *holds it open for the interviewer and camera to read, it says:

'CHARACTERS: Namvet, Teenangst, Biker, IT guy' in medium text, the rest is too small to read.* "-and that's it! We got a goofy character description, a few key traits, and we were told to make something up on the spot."

I: "So, improv? That's a very unique casting technique."

B: "I know, the last time I saw something like that was in a voice acting gig I did in the 90s, but even then I got a script and character name to work with."

I: "Goodness, Francis- or do you prefer Mr. Katlairs?"

F: "Go ahead and call me Francis, everyone pronounces my last name wrong anyways."

I: "Okay, Francis, would you mind reading out the character descriptions? I don't think the camera can read them."

F: "Sure." *Lifts up paper*

"'Namvet- The stern leader of the four man band who constantly smokes. Teenangst- The youngest member of the group with a sweet and warm nature. Biker- The team's resident asshole and pessimist. And IT guy- The smartest, and nerdiest, person in the group.' *Puts paper down* Like I said; not much to work with."

L: "All for the better, in my opinion."

I: "What makes you say that?"

L: "The lack of structure gave us a lot of freedom to really make the roles our own. It gave everyone who auditioned their own unique character. Which I find really cool."

B: "He's right, I've never had this much freedom with a role, even though I mostly do voice acting."

I: "Was there anything else to note about the casting process?"

Z: "Oh, definitely! Remember the A team and B team?"

B: "That was fun."

I: "Ooh, that sounds interesting!" *Rests chin on her fists and leans in closer*

L: "Okay, so, the casting directors called us back after the first audition and split us up into two groups, Team A and Team B, and let us bounce off each other!"