PECAN PIE

***Meanwhile Jungkook just arrived at his mother's house. He looks at the time & saw that it's past 7 in the evening already. He just wishes his mom would be happy to see him since he knows his mom wasn't happy when he chose Busan over Seoul for his residency.

He successfully enters the house using his spare key. He carefully turns around not wanting to create a noise yet when his parent's portrait welcomed him.

In the picture, his dad looks so alive as if he would really keep his promise to be with his mom until they're gray & old.

He remembers his father as a patient loving husband who always makes sure they have everything they need in life. He remembers how he often surprised his mom with simple gifts like flowers, songs & sometimes just bringing her favorite food. His parent's relationship was almost perfect until they discovered that his father's heart is malfunctioning. Jungkook sighs when he remembers the day they lost him, it was one of the hardest part of his & his mother's life.

"Stop cursing my husband in your head, Dr. Jeon." Jeon Seri startled her own son.

"Mom!" Jungkook immediately hugs his mother as the older woman hugs him back.

"I'm not cursing dad, just to make that clear." he chuckles before walking towards the kitchen to check if she has food because he's hungry again.

"I saw the look in your face young man, I can hear your thoughts screaming of my man for leaving me alone in this world as if it's his choice to leave earlier than we planned." Seri said with a smile that doesn't reach her eyes because to be honest, she still misses her husband even after years since he died.

Jungkook looks at his mother before he walks towards her to give her another warm hug.

"I'm sure wherever he is right now, he's still waiting for you too. Now, don't get the wrong idea Mrs. Jeon. You are not allowed to leave me just yet." Jungkook said before opening the fridge.

The moment he saw the food on his mother's house, Jungkook started to munched on them without even taking a glance on Mrs. Jeon who's beyond surprised to see her son like that. He knows Jungkook is really fond of eating her home cooked meals but there's something in him that tells her that something is wrong. But since Jk is still not talking, she chose to keep quiet and just observe him too.

When he's done eating, she thought he would finally open up to her only to be surprise again when her son opens the fridge one more time to grab an ice cream.

When Jungkook is done gobbling the ice cream he goes and was about to open the fridge again to check more food but Seri already blocked him.

"Okay young man, stop right there. I know you're sending me checks & I don't mind you devouring the whole fridge but knowing you'll beat yourself to pulp again the moment you realized you just swallowed thousands of calories in your body so you have to stop now and tell me what's going on." Mrs. Jeon said not giving her son a chance to lie or make an alibi because Jungkook knows better when she used that tone.

He swallowed, he knows there's no use of denying and pretending in front of his mother but when he remembers how Seri got broken when she learned that her only son attempted to end himself because of someone, and then he hesitates again. He isn't sure is Seri still hates Taehyung.

"So?"

"I just missed you and I had two days off so I thought I'll come & visit." Jungkook chose to say since he really isn't sure if it's a good idea to let his mom know that the same man who was the reason he almost lost her only son now living with his only son too.