2 | Back From Retirement

2|  b a c k   f r o m  r e t i r e m e n t

2| b a c k f r o m r e t i r e m e n t

2012

IT HAD BEEN TWO YEARS SINCE THE WAR and Percy had returned home, to his mom, step-dad and baby sister, Estelle. He had finished his schooling, courtesy of Sally. He wanted to move out but he didn't have a job yet and his mom had insisted that he stayed with them. The monster attacks were still there, they haven't changed much but they were a bit reluctant towards attacking him seeing as he had defeated Gaea, the oldest Primordial, after Chaos of course.

He still missed them. Obviously, he couldn't just forget them. They were his family. After a few months of grieving, cursing and generally not talking to anyone, Percy pushed them to the back of his mind like haunted memories. Memories that he used to love but now pained him so much.

In the present he was sitting in the living room. His mom, Paul and baby sister were out taking a walk in the park. Sally had wanted him to come with him but his instincts told him that he should stay inside and over the years he had learned to trust them. So, he ordered a pizza and stayed home.

That's when something crazy happened. The door bell rang and no that's not the crazy part. He went up to open the door and was met with a women in a catsuit.

"I don't know you" he said. The woman's eyes glinted with amusement, "Yes, I am aware of the fact that you do not know me but I know you" said she. Okay, that sounds a bit stalker-ish, he thought. And then he said it out loud. The woman just smirked and then said," I have come here with a proposition."

"Lady, I don't even know your name." Was his reply. "I'm Maria Hill, I'm a agent of S.H.I.E.L.D" she said with her brown eyes boring into his sea green ones. "Okay first, why would you name you agency Shield? And second what kind of proposition are you talking about."

"S.H.I.E.L.D is a acronym that stands for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. It is a private organization. And as for the proposition, it includes you and a group of people that have the potential to save the world." She said with her head tilted forward.

"I retired from saving the world years ago" he said to the mysterious lady that showed up at his door.

She looked at him with a emotion that he couldn't quite place but she continued, "Perseus-" "Percy" he corrected. "Percy, something has been stolen and in the wrong hands it can end the world as we know it." Before she could speak anymore, he stopped her and ushered her inside muttering something like
'mom is gonna kill me if she found out I let a guest stand outside for so long'

"Alright, now tell me what is stolen, who stole it and why?" He asked. Then she began to explain him about the Tesseract, Loki stealing it, manipulating innocents and the Avengers initiative. After she finished, he stood up and said, "Who's gonna pick me up?" Maria flashed a triumphant smile that was barely unnoticeable. "Another agent will be coming to pick you up in about an hour, pack some clothes and be ready" with that she left. Now, Percy just had to tell his mom that he was going on another life threatening mission. Easy enough, right? Let's see about that.