R I P T I D E

I was bored out of my mind. I had been forced to repeatedly listen to charmer say "deeper and deeper" and "listen and obey"

Honestly, those words are just natural in my head now. They didn't even register in my brain anymore.

I think they forgot that it only works in real life, because it repeating different nothing.

But they didn't know that.

So that's how I wound up sitting on my bed, staring blankly at a wall, pressed firmly into my crush's arms.

I had multiple problems with that. First, it was my crush. Do you know how awkward it is to be cuddling with the guy you like although you can tell they don't like you back.

Second, he's evil. I'm a hero and he's a villain. The worst thing, he was my hero, the guy I looked up to.

And third, I couldn't even talk because I had to pretend I was under the spell. And it was boring.

"Perce, how are you feeling?" Luke asked me, and I could tell he thought it worked.

"Ready to listen and obey," I responded in a monotone voice.

"Perfect, lets go attack your little friends," he said, gathering up the other villains I had learned the name of.

Ghost (who was also called nico) shadow traveled is out there and Luke sauntered into the O.L.Y.M.P.U.S. building.

I hated the fact that Luke had us all fooled, hated it more than anything. He walked back over to us after he lead the team out.

"You know, you really should do your background checks, because that's Leo, me, and Percy who aren't heroes anymore,"

"Actually Luke," I smirked and walked over to Annabeth and the team, "pipers charm doesn't work over video, so I'm as good as I've ever been,"