CHAPTER 15 | THE GOAT-DEMONS

A moment later, both of the girls turned invisible in their seats as well. Brooke now understood what Ayden had done. He had used a concealing spell on all three of them – not the makeup kind, the serious kind – so that they would possibly be able to slip past them unnoticed. Even though they stood there, just blocking the exit into another part of the plane, they had to do something to make sure they moved from that spot.

"I cannot see either of you right now, what do we do next?" Brooke talked to them through the mind link that they had formed with each other before leaving Hawaii. They figured it was probably a good trick to have up their sleeves in case they ever were in trouble – which had a really high probability of occurrence – and needed to make a plan without the other party finding out.

"We gotta get out of the plane. There is no way in hell the plane or the mortals will survive if the fight blows up inside the plane. We cannot let them get in the middle of all this." Sylvia said and Ayden chimed in his approval.

"Okay, here is what we will do. We will have to sneak past the demons and walk to the back side of the plane. We sneak into the storage room or something of the plane and get some of those parachute jackets they keep for emergency situations and get the hell out of here."

"Where would be land, Ayden? We are still over the North Pacific and it has been like three hours since the plane took off. It takes 7 hours to fly over the US. We will be stuck in the middle of the ocean."

"Yes, but, Brooke, you're a water elementalist. I am sure you'll be able to locate land once we touch the water."

"Wow, okay, I guess it's time to exercise some powers in Percy Jackson style." She is heard mind-muttering to them and all of them head forward as planned. But, there was no way to get past them as are blocking the path. Brooke, thanking her parents for making her do gymnastics when she was little, jumped over the passengers' seats – steadily and carefully – so as not to alert them, or worse, harm them.

She put her feet on the ground again and smacked the butt of the air-hostess who was standing in front of the demons with her back to her, preparing them tea or something useless like that. The air-hostess whipped her head back and looked at the men/demons – take your pick – angrily.

"Sir, I would appreciate if you get back to your seats. I will be with you in a short while." If eyes could kill – as the famous saying goes – the demons would have be dead by now, with two laser beam holes on their foreheads. They muttered something incoherently and Brooke immediately directed herself towards the spare parachutes she could spot hanging from a rod. She waited for the air-hostess to leave so that she could pick it up. Brooke mind linked the other two.

"I got the parachutes."

"Walking past the demons." She could hear Ayden's voice in her mind and she placed herself in front of the exit door. She looks around and saw that there is no way in hell she was going to be able to figure out how to open this thing up and Sylvia would simply have to break through it.