Six

Please do vote, comment and share this story on your profiles if you enjoy reading it!

In his lifetime His Highness, Prince Mustafa Ali Khan had met a lot of people, he met hundreds of people on a daily basis. His work was as public as it could be. All this was part of the package of being a soon to be world leader. Being royalty meant you always had to meet people, good, bad, it didn't matter. But never had he met anyone who was as casual as Wali Baig's elder daughter. No one had dared to ever talk like this in front of the royal family. No one alive had the guts to speak in a tone that was louder than that of the royals let alone give them sarcasm and show them any wit but somehow this tiny young woman who did not seem a centimetre above 165 came downstairs in a very haughty attitude and spoke utter non sense to them, then she had the audacity to run back upstairs with a totally petrified expression.

Prince Ahad's laughter could be heard clearly across the room after that girl's abrupt departure. Prince Mustafa Heard him whisper to Princess Sarah, "I like her." Princess Sarah was also laughing quietly.

Meanwhile His Majesty, the King and Her Majesty, the Queen had the most horrified expressions. Her Majesty was appalled to say the least, she was convinced that this girl was in no way, shape or form fit to be a part of the royal family. For the love of God, she was sprinting downstairs in ripped jeans and was screaming loudly from upstairs. A Princess was always proper and poised.

Meanwhile, His Majesty had something else going on in his head. He could only think the fruits that this marriage would bear. It would bring stability to the kingdom and would lead the people to believe that the royals of Mughlaan were very much concerned about the country and its people. They completely broke off their ties with alleged criminals like Ahmad Sulaiman and his family. No matter how close they were. The goodwill of their people always took precedence over everything else for them. He knew that this girl would never be able to make a good royal but her rags to riches story would keep everyone hooked at least for some time until him and the Crown Prince thought of something else to do.

Ultimately, the girl was just a pawn in the game of the royals. She was just important enough for people to know of her but not important enough for them to be curious about her.

Wali Baig asked his younger daughter to go and bring her sister downstairs.

"Wali Sahab, I will go and check on her. Noorein dear you sit here with everyone else. Could you tell me where her room id?" Princess Sarah offered to go check on Layla herself. She was known as the People's Princess for a reason. Her empathy towards all beings was cherished and adored by the entire nation. And of course, one could not deny her intelligence was beyond supreme. She was one of the most strategic people in all of Mughlaan but did not lead any Ministry because a Princess was lawfully not allowed work. She just had to play the part of a royal in public. She portrayed a wonderful image of the family publicly.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, I apologise for my daughter's behaviour. She did not know that the guests had arrived already."

"It's quite alright, Wali. It is her day today." His Majesty smiled. If there was one this the King of Mughlaan was good at, it was keeping up appearances. Royals all around the world could easily be considered to be great actors, some of the best really. How they presented themselves in public was more often than not a façade.

Prince Mustafa was surprised to say the least. His father did not do well with such people. He liked to be around people that were proper and disciplined, especially if it was a woman. Because His Majesty believed that a woman must be disciplined and timid, not outspoken, brazen and all over the place. After everything that took place just now, His Majesty would have stood up and left the place. The question was, why was he being this patient?