CHAPTER 4

I don't think I can do this!

My mind was screaming, my heart drumming. The jet had touched down just ten minutes ago and now the door was opening. There was nothing I wanted than to tuck my tail and hide under a chair, that would be fun wouldn't it? My wolf was uncomfortable, we were on new territory and she did not like it one bit. I could feel her wheels turning, well, my wheels turning, my survival instincts kicking in wanting nothing more than to sprint the hell away from this place. One thing I would tell you is that it was cold, when I say cold I mean snow cold. The ground was covered in snow, sky covered in dark clouds promising rain as if the weather could sense my dark mood. I sat clenching my chair, wishing that door would not open leaving me to stay in this jet for the rest of my life. I sighed, this was fucked up.

"Your highness, the door is opened." The flight attendant said. Her whole body shook and I knew why, she was scared shitless, we were in the land owned and ruled by vampires and I am sure they just wanted nothing more than to take off back home never to look back but if that is how they felt just being here for ten minutes then what about me? I was to spend the rest of my life here, This was so bad, my own body began to shake, all that being a princess 101 rules flying out the window leaving just a girl that was so scared she could pee herself.

"Thank you," I said back, my shaky voice filling the space as her eyes locked on mine both of us sharing the same fear. I am sure she just wanted to say 'get the fuck out of here so we can run'.

I swallowed, knowing that staying in here was to not help anyone. If the king stood there as he should then I did not want to anger him at first sight. I was going to be smart, I was going to be a good girl, playing the survival game.
I stood up, the girl visibly relieved at this not even hiding it, I guess she really wanted to take off that bad. I touched my head, making sure that my crown was still in place. I was not going to come out of this jet as Ana, Ana was dead, she died the minute she stepped in that jet.

I was going to step out as
'The Werewolf Princess Anastasia Nikita Furthrone, Defender of the Northern lands, Commander of the Lethal swords, Lady of Blackwood, future queen of the Vampire species.'

I can do this, I huffed trying to give myself a pep talk, trying not to be scared but the more I tried is the more my fear got even worse. Shaking my head I took a step followed by the other trying so hard not to cry, wanting so hard not to cry. The truth was I did not want to die, no one wanted to die, I was so young, have not even tasted chocolate in my life. Gosh I needed to live!

The harsh cold winds greeted me even before I got to the entrance sending a shiver through my body leaving goose bumps as I wore a long sleeved velvet dress going up my neck and down, hiding the heels that could kill someone. I would make my appearance as a queen, a soon to be queen and not a girl. First impressions matter a lot.

I had to show them that I won't be bullied, that I was not scared of them even though the fear clouded my lungs I could barely breathe but they did not have to know that. Being a royal was all about an image, feed people an image of what you want them to see and they will eat it up like chocolate.

Gosh I really have to try chocolate, I thought the word seeming to have stuck in my head from that novel.

I was strong and I could do this.

I took the last two steps, my heart choking me ready to face the man I was soon to marry, my head shooting up ready to kick some ass with my confidence yet all my eyes fell on was snow and more snow, a black tinted car standing with only one person standing outside. I blinked thinking that maybe I was seeing things.

Where was everyone?

My eyes went back to the scrawny looking man with skin as pale as if kissed by death but it had. According to all those novels, vampires were dead people walking right? Then why don't we just call them zombies? Zombies eat brains, oohh yeah. The man was wearing a ripped black t-shirt and black long skinny jeans looking bored, his phone in hand chatting or whatever he was doing.