Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Harry and Crystal walked slowly through the forest, hand in hand. They were quiet, peaceful. The trees swayed in the light breeze, and the sun’s rays streaked through the branches, illuminating the mossy path. The sweet aromas of nature filled their nostrils, and they succumbed to their senses, catching every sound, every smell, every sight.

As they walked on, they noticed that their path had cut off. Approaching the end of the trail, they realized it had lead straight to the edge of a cliff. They stopped once they reached the edge and stared out in awe of the massive split in the earth. Looking down, it was incredibly deep, so far down that only blackness could be seen.

Out of the corner of Harry’s eye, he could see something moving by Crystal. He turned his head just a moment too late. The woman in the black dress was standing directly behind her, eyes fierce and deadly with intent. Without hesitation, she extended her arms in front of her, and shoved Crystal off the cliff.

Harry’s grip tightened on Crystal’s hand as she flung out over the edge. He dropped to his stomach as her body swung around and hit the side of the cliff violently. She cried out in terror and whipped her free hand up towards Harry for him to grab on. He grasped onto both of her hands, using all of his strength to try and pull her back up.

To Harry’s complete horror, her hands were slipping fast. She looked up at him, eyes wild with fear. The grip that Harry was trying to maintain on her fingers was lost. She fell, screaming, into black nothingness.

~

“Harry, Harry! Wake up, mate!” Louis shook his best friend, trying to relieve him of his obvious nightmare.

Breathing heavily, Harry jolted awake. He felt his heart beating out of his chest.

Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn were circled around his bed, each with a concerned stare.

Harry closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down. Once his heartbeat slowed, he opened his eyes once more. They boys waited silently for him to speak.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake everyone up.” He said, finally.

“You didn’t wake us up, we were already awake.” Liam reassured with a warm smile.

Harry rubbed his eyes. “What time is it?”

“It’s eight. Yer mum’s makin’ us breakfast.” Niall answered.

The concern never left Louis’ face. “How are you feeling?”

Harry closed his eyes again, exhaling audibly. “Exhausted.”

“You had us scared, screaming like that.” Zayn piped in, clearly shaken. Harry felt bad; he knew this couldn’t be easy for the lads. He needed to remember that he wasn’t the only one mourning the loss of a friend.

He looked into Zayn’s eyes apologetically. “How bad was it?”

“We came running when we heard you screaming, and it took Louis a few seconds to shake you awake.”

Harry looked over at Louis who was sitting on the left side of his bed. Louis nodded in agreement. “It was pretty bad.”

At that, Harry recalled what he had seen in his dream. He sat up slowly, squinting his eyes and shaking his head in hopes that it would clear the images from his mind.

As the four boys stared at their band mate in pity, Harry’s mum knocked on the open door softly before walking into the room. “Hey, guys. Breakfast is on the table, feel free to help yourselves.”