Chapter 11

After her little telepathic encounter with Otto, Isa found herself exhausted and unable to move. She had fallen asleep afterwards and was currently laying in bed, with Milo laying next to her. Ever since Isa collapsed back in the living room, Milo had refused to leave her side until he knew she was going to be alright. Milo sighed as he just watched her chest rise and fall with each breath. At one point, he took an arm and wrapped it around her stomach and pulled her back to his chest.

"Please wake up," Milo mumbled to Isa.

As if on some sort of dramatic cue, Isa started to stir. She turned to face him and snuggled up to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck before placing her head in the crook of his neck. Milo grinned as he started to gently rub her back.

After a while, Isa's eyes began to flutter open. She lifted her head off of Milo's shoulder and looked up at him. Milo noticed she woke up and stopped rubbing her back. He gave her a small kiss on her forehead, and she kissed him on the cheek.

"How are you feeling?" Milo asked, cupping her cheek.

Isa yawned before answering, "Better, what happened though?

"You don't remember passing out?" Milo asked in shock.

Isa shook her head, "No, not really."

Milo gave her a confused look, "Okay, what happened? Do you remember anything?"

Isa nodded, "I remember blacking out and then this weird white light blinding me. After that, it was nothing but a black void. Then, I heard a voice calling for me, and I saw a man with a severely cut and bruised up back. Turns out it was one of my old friends from, who knows how long ago. He explained about how him and two other people were taken hostage. Then, he showed me something that was currently happening to the other two. When I tried attacking the person beating them, I swung my sword but it went right through them. My old friend cried out in pain, and before I could see if he was okay, the white light came back. After that, I think I was asleep."

"Weird, but may I ask, what was the friend's name?" Milo asked.

"It was Otto and the other two were Harper and Mevia," Isa answered.

Milo's eyes widened, "Um, Isa. Aren't those the people that Jesse and Jessica asked us to help save?"

"Yes. Wait, is the group still here?" Isa asked.

"Of course, they didn't leave because they were concerned about you," Milo answered.

"Have Reginald send them in. I need to talk to them in private," Isa commanded.

Milo nodded, "Of course, right away."

Milo got out of bed and quickly made his way to find Reginald. He came back and laid down next to her, pulling her close once again. A couple minutes later, Reginald brought in the others and proceeded to leave promptly afterwards. Jesse and Jessica ran up to the side of the bed and jumped onto their bottoms as they sat next to the former leader of Sky City.

"Are you okay?!" the twins asked in unison, giving Isa the same look of concern.

Isa sat up with Milo still clinging to her, "I'm fine, just a bit tired."

"So, what exactly happened?" asked Lukas.

With that Isa began to explain everything. She told the group about how, after blacking out, she had a strange encounter with Otto. She told them about the vision Otto had shown her, and the brutal beatings the three of them were receiving.

"Woah, what the actual heck?" Petra said looking a bit shell shocked.

Isa nodded, "Otto also gave me a warning for you."