Singing

⚠️WARNING⚠️
This story contains suicidal themes as well as death, depression, a short reference to cutting, and mentioning of bullying. If you can't handle any of these, I suggest you leave. Don't go around complaining about me when I gave you a clear warning. If you want, you may now proceed to read the story.

I had finally had enough. They pushed me too far. As soon as school ended, I ran home and locked myself in my room, hoping to avoid my dad's drunken state. It wasn't like he hit me or anything, but he did get a bit angry and aggressive when you didn't do something for him, like get him a beer even though you usually can't even hear him properly because of all the slurring. When I made it to my room, I finished the last bit of homework for that week, as it was now Friday.

At around 6.30, dad called me down for dinner. I quickly made sure my arms were covered before I went downstairs, trying to spot my dad to see if he was drunk or not. When I saw he wasn't, I made my way to the dinner table to eat something.

After dinner, I went back up to my room to look out the window at the stars, when I saw one shining down at me. It felt like I had a connection with it, as weird as that sounds. I mean, who can have a connection with a star?

I suddenly remembered all those bullies at school. Practically everyone in that school hated me, even the teachers didn't like me. I don't know what I ever did to anyone to be hated so much, but whatever it was, it must've been bad. I wished to myself (and maybe the star) that there was a place for me where I was accepted, where everyone was happy, just like in the fairytales I was always told when I was younger. But then I remembered that life isn't some musical where everyone gets their happy ending.

After half an hour, I decided the only place I could ever be happy, was in heaven (which was probably not where I would be going, as suicide counted as murder). I didn't want to do the thing with the rope (A/N I'm too scared to actually type the word), so instead I decided jumping from the window or the roof would be best.

I decided on the window, so my room would be the last thing I'd see. I stood on the edge, and let myself fall backwards, out the window...

Though, instead of a harsh pain to my back and darkness, I woke up in... a forest? How did I get here? Is this heaven or hell? Or am I still alive? Maybe I had survived and I was now in a coma! No, that couldn't be it. I started walking around a bit, finding myself singing a song my mother had always sang to me before she died.

A/N none of these songs are mine! They all belong to their rightful owners!

Where the northwind meets the sea,
There's a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling,safe and sound
For in this river all is found

In her waters, deep and true
Lay the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you'll be drowned

Yes she will sing to those who'll hear
And in her song all magic flows
But can you brave what you most fear?
Can you face what the river knows?

Where the northwind meets the sea
There's a mother full of memory
Come, my darling, homeward bound
When all is lost, then all is found

I continued to sing a few songs, like Home (by Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors and Bebe Rexha), which I had written while I was being bullied.

After a few other songs, I started singing a lullaby my grandpa had taught me. He always said it was a song from a magical island, lead by one single boy. He always told the story over and over again, even though he knew I never believed it. He always said he used to live there before he went back to the mainland and met grandma.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man
They say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight in the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run
So we'd both be free
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of hope
Side by side with me
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree

*-.Peter's POV.-*
I was walking around the forest when I felt someone enter Neverland. I hadn't sent my shadow out to get anyone, so it had to be an intruder. I quickly teleported close to the spot I had felt their presence. At first I didn't see anything, but then I saw movement. It was... a girl? But how did she get here? Maybe she used a bean? No, she didn't look like someone who had any idea of how to use magic. But then how did she get here? While I was thinking, she had gotten up and started singing some songs. She had a beautiful voice, even though I noticed some of the lyrics were pretty sad.

But then she started singing a very familiar song. How on earth did she know that song? It was a song some of the boys had made a few decades ago, as some sort of 'national anthem' even though Neverland wasn't an official country. Since then, every boy that has joined the Lost Boys was taught the song which we had called 'The Hanging Tree'. But it never existed outside of Neverland, so how could she possibly know it?

Before I knew it, I was softly singing along, getting louder and louder.

*-.Y/N POV.-*
I was nearing the end of the song, only two more verses, when I heard someone singing along with me, their beautiful voice getting louder and louder. I started looking around for the source of the voice, yet kept singing. When the song ended, I finally saw him. A tall, brown haired boy with sparkling green eyes. His face held confusion, as did mine. How on earth did he know the lyrics to my grandfather's lullaby?

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of him. I was about to ask him how he knew that song, when he beat me to it. "How did you know our song?" "What do you mean 'our' song?" I asked him. "That song is a special song some of my boys made a while ago. They called it our 'national anthem' even though that wouldn't be correct" he explained. "Wait a minute, who are 'the boys'?" I asked him (again). "Why, the Lost Boys, of course!" "Hold on. So, what you're saying, is that my grandpa's stories were real?! There really is a Neverland and a Peter Pan?" "Standing on it's ground and speaking to him, love" he smirked at me. "You're THE Peter Pan?! But how did my grandpa know you?" I wondered. "Well, a few years ago, right after the song was made, some of the boys decided they wanted to go back, so they left. I guess your grandfather could've been one of them. What's his name?" He asked. "Ronald Michael Evans" I answered him. "Oh yeah, I remember him! Shame he left, good kid. Very hardworking. We always called him Ronnie." "Wait, so you knew my grandfather?" "Isn't that what I just said?" "Yeah, sorry."
"But anyway, let me show you around. Relatives of one of our best Boys ever are always welcome. As long as they're children, of course" he said.

He ended up giving me a tour of the entire island, warning me about the places and plants that could be dangerous. Later, I was introduced to the Lost Boys and I was even allowed to stay! An that is my story of how I became the very first Lost Girl.

Hey guys! Hope you liked it! That was waaaaay too long! I kinda liked it tho. I'll try and add some more Peter x Y/N next time. I added The Hanging Tree by Jennifer Lawrence at the top so you can hear what it sounds like. It was originally from The Hunger Games, and I don't watch it or something, but I just really like the song. I tried adding Home as well, but for some reason that didn't work, so yeah. If you wanna hear it, you're gonna have to look it up yourself. Anyway, gotta go. See y'all later!