Coming out

This is an alternate universe one-shot set in the human world. Hexside is the name of high school that Amity and Luz attend with Principal Bump, still being the principal of the school. If you want to see more alternate universe stories, let me know.

Amity and Luz were cuddling on luz's living room couch, finally enjoying some time together. Her head was resting in Luz's lap as she stroked her hair. It had been a crazy week full of cramming for midterms and test anxiety, so the two rarely saw each other outside of class, except to study, even more so for Amity, who was taking several AP classes. Luz often joked that Amity ran on caffeine and pure adrenaline. She was the hardest worker Luz knew besides her mom.

Luz loved and disliked this part of her. She was so hard-working and dedicated, but she had a tendency to overwork herself. She lost count of how many times her girlfriend came to school exhausted. How many all-nighters she pulled to make sure she knew the information. How Amity kept having panic attacks because of overworking and no sleep.

Thankfully, midterms officially ended today, and both girls couldn't be happier. To celebrate, Luz asked if Amity wanted to come over to her house, to which Amity happily agreed to. She brushed the green hair out of her girlfriend's eyes before returning her attention to the tv, stroking her hair. Amity would never admit this, but she loved having Luz stroke her hair. "I'm so glad this crazy week is over! It feels like it went on forever." Amity said, her eyes glued to the screen. "Maybe it's because you ran on about 4 hours of sleep a day," Luz said, teasingly.

Amity stuck her tongue at Luz, causing her to laugh. She could listen to that laugh all day. "But I agree,I don't want to see another flashcard again." Luz said. "But I'm so glad we finally got some alone time together. I missed your cuddles."

"I missed doing something else," Amity said, looking up at her girlfriend.

"Oh, and what is that?" Luz asked, a big grin on her face.

Amity sat up and gave her a small kiss on her lips. Both girls smiled as Luz pulled Amity in for another kiss. She melted into it, kissing her back and taking in Luz's scent. For some reason, Luz always smelled of poppies, but Amity never minded that. The small kiss filled her entire body with warmth as she sighed happily internally. She felt like nothing could ruin the moment.

Then the front door opened.

Amity pulled away from luz and sat next to her so fast, she probably broke a record. Both girls composed themselves as best and as quickly as they could before looking at the door. Luz's mother walked inside and closed the door behind her before taking off her shoes. "Mija, I'm home."

"Hi, Mom," Luz said, trying to act as calmly as possible. She hoped her mom would be too tired to put the pieces together or to not ask questions.

Camilla looked at her daughter on the couch and was surprised to find Amity there as well. "Oh, hello, Amity. What brings you here?" She put down her purse, looking at the two girls.

"H-Hello, Ms. Noceda," Amity said weakly. "Luz invited me over. I hope that was okay."

"Of course. I don't mind. Luz doesn't have very many friends, so it's great to see her hang out with someone." Camilla said teasingly, causing Amity to giggle. "Mom." Luz groaned. 'I just hope she doesn't notice anything off or comes closer.' Luz thought. This would not be the way she wanted to come out to her mom.

Unfortunately, that's precisely what happened. Camilla walked toward the girls intent on kissing her daughters forehead. But as she did, she noticed something new. Both girl's face was red looking away from her. This kicked her mom brain into overdrive as she began to think of different things on what happened. "Is something going on here?" Camilla asked, changing into a more series tone.