First date

This is my longest one shot by a landslide, but it's also one of my favorites. It's set in alternate universe in the human world. Song lyrics used are The Last of Real Ones by Fall Out Boy and Monsters by All Time Low.

Amity was a gay mess, and she knew it. A straight-A, president of the student body, gay mess. This was especially true when it came to Luz. What started out as a simple crush with some blushing here and there, quickly grew out of control until she was head over heels in love with her. Whenever she was around Luz, her face would turn bright pink and heat up like a campfire.

Having a small conversation suddenly felt like the toughest challenge as her brain would short circuit. Her laugh would cause her to squeak as she thought it was the cutest thing in the world, and when they touched or hugged, Amity felt like her heart was going to beat out of her chest. Not to mention all the butterflies in her stomach.

Amity groaned as she slumped her head against her locker as she thought about her latest interaction with Luz. Why couldn't she just act normal around her? Why did she have to embarrass herself every time? 'She probably thinks I'm weird now. Nice going, Amity.' She thought, banging her head against her locker. She knew people were staring at her, but she didn't care. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a locker closing. Looking up slightly, she noticed her best friend looking at her.

"Let me guess. Luz?" Boscha asked. The green-haired girl groaned in response. "What happened?" Boscha asked, sighing.

"I tried asking her out," Amity said, her blush growing bigger by the minute. "I even rehearsed what I was gonna say. But when I was about to ask, my brain short-circuited, and I forgot everything. So instead of asking her, I stammered and ranted until I called myself a chipmunk. Then I panicked and ran away."

After hearing that, Boscha couldn't contain her laughter as she held her sides. "I'm sorry girly. I don't mean to laugh, I really don't, but why did you call yourself a chipmunk? Man, you really have it bad for this girl, don't you?" Boscha asked.

The green-haired girl nodded and kept banging her head on her locker. "Why am I such a gay mess?"

Boscha sighed and pulled something out of her pocket. "Maybe this will help."

Amity stopped beating herself up and looked at her friend was holding. Her eyes grew as she snatched them up. Even as she stared at the items in her hand, she still couldn't believe what she was holding. They were tickets to see All Time Low, with this particular show having been sold out for days.

Amity knew this because she had tried on multiple occasions to buy tickets, but every time she tried, she was met with the same message: 'Tickets to this show are no longer available.' She looked back and forth between her friend and tickets in complete disbelief. "How did you?"

Boscha chuckled. "I have my ways. And to answer your next question, they are 100% authentic." She looked down the hallway and nudged her green-haired friend. "Crush incoming."

Amity shoved the tickets into her pockets. Leaning against the locker, she tried to calm down her raging blush, as well as the butterflies in her stomach. 'Be cool. Be cool. Be cool. Be cool.' She told herself. As Luz walked down the hall, she waved at the two girls. Amity waved back, a small smile appearing on her face.

Once Luz was far enough away, Amity let out a dreamy sigh. Looking up, she noticed Boscha nudging her head in Luz's direction and instantly got the message: 'Go and ask her you gay idiot.' Amity thanked and hugged her best friend and ran after her crush, her heart beating like a drum. "Luz, wait up."