Prolouge

[⚠️Minor Character Death Warning⚠️]

"She's crowning!" The doctor said. Hoseok sucked in a breath. His fiance was giving birth to his very own child.

"Oh my god!" the mother yelled.

"Come on Mama," the midwife cooed.

Within a minute Hoseok heard the beautiful cries of his little boy. The doctor asked if he would like to hold him and Hoseok opened up his arms for him. He was so tiny. The baby had been born prematurely. His skin was very red and covered in fluids, but he was still beautiful in his father's eyes.

The next minute after ogling after his baby the doctor took the baby from him and forced Hoseok out of the room.

Before he left, he heard the call of his son and the nurses announcing that the mother was hemorrhaging. Hoseok, unable to comprehend what was happening, started to panic.

The other boys, who were waiting outside, noticed Hoseok's state immediately. They instantly went to him to console him. Hoseok couldnt breath. He felt like he was suffocating from the attention he was getting from his friends. He pushed them away and collapsed beside the wall. This couldnt be happening to him. Joy, his fiance was dying.

After five minutes, the nurses wheeled out a bed with a sheet over the patient. The doctor came out and told Hoseok the news, Joy had hemorrhaged to death. She named the baby with her last words. She had named him, Hobi, after his father.

The doctor had told him that the baby will have to stay in the hospital for a week before they could release him to Hoseok's custody.

Hoseok stayed for a couple days and visited Hobi many times. His was getting healthier by the day, the baby was. Hoseok on the other hand was melting down, the only thing keeping him stable was his baby. The last part of Joy that he had.

"Hi Hobi, it's me, your appa," Hoseok said to the baby. The baby's eyes were closed as he was currently sleeping.

Hoseok had to leave the hospital to go talk to a funeral home for his late fiance. Joy and Hoseok knew that there was a chance for complications during birth. On Joy's insistence. They had kept the baby. Hoseok wanted to keep him too, but he cared about Joy's health above all.

Joy's mental health had skyrocketed from the news that she was going to have a baby. The whole pregnancy was smooth, all up until the day her contractions started. She had been in labour for 17 hours and gave birth, ultimately dying the happiest, to a baby boy name Jung Hobi. She didnt care if it was a real name, but she lived the baby as much as Hoseok and decided to give the baby Hoseok's nickname. She got to hold the baby while she hemorrhaged and she died with the baby in her arms.

The baby had started crying when his mother had died, unknowing. He just cried. The doctor took the baby away when she flat lined. He ran the baby through a few tests before he decided that the baby was too underdeveloped to go home just yet.

The doctor, happened to be Joy's cousin, Kim Jaesun. He grieved, but he couldn't show it at work. He wasn't even supposed to deliver the baby. Joy had insisted though. Jaesun was resentful of the baby. He didn't blame the baby though, he blamed Hoseok for letting Joy go through the pregnancy knowing of the complications she might and did go through.

Jaesun still had to do his job and act professional. He could cuss out Hoseok later. Actually no, he'd probably ignore him for life. He was a petty man, Jaesun was.

When the week was up, Hoseok got to take Hobi home. The baby slept a lot. Hoseok thought he was the most precious thing ever. He loved the baby with all of his heart.

"Well, Hobi, welcome to your new home," Hoseok said, feeling awkward that the baby shared his name in a way.

In the mean time, a girl stumbled upon the idol's home. She didn't really have a reason to be there. She just needed to escape, and she found the place, which had been empty for over a week, deciding that maybe they'd let her in. She just went through a tough breakup.

After all, she had just found out, she suffered a miscarriage after a car accident. The miscarriage took a toll on her body and it refused to give up the baby after a month had passed. Her body wouldn't dispel the baby on it's own. She needed a surgery done and it would mess up her reproductive system. Her boyfriend didn't want her because of that reason and that reason alone.

She knocked on the door. Hoseok though it was one of his bandmates, but when he discovered the girl there, he didn't know what to do. The girl didn't bother looking at him and embraced the man. The idol looked down at the girl and felt something was wrong. He could tell by her body language and how she held him, that she needed someone, just like how he did.

This is only the beginning.

[Published July 18th, 2020]