DEC 2020 WINNER!

Congratulations to Kara Carriera for winning our December 2020 award with The Gazelle!

Having lived alone in a tower all her life, Tabeya can only dream of the outside world. That changes when she meets Humban, a young general from a rival kingdom who isn't afraid to ask the questions she has long given up on. Those questions bring answers that lead them into the desert, in search of the parents Tabeya never knew. 

But the world beyond her tower is not what she expected. An age-old war ravages the land. With the vicious elements to contend with and her guardian hunting them relentlessly, there's no guarantee that she and Humban will survive long enough to fulfill their quest. The last thing they need is to discover a forbidden love that can destroy them. As Tabeya navigates her new life, it becomes clear that it isn't like the stories she grew up with. Happy endings aren't freely given.

They are fought for.

A link to The Gazelle will be posted down in the comments!

Check out Kara Carreira here: KaraCarreira

Thank you to all who entered! Our judges had a wonderful time reading your stories. Make sure to enter next month, and check out the other Red Feather Award winners!

 Make sure to enter next month, and check out the other Red Feather Award winners!