Chapter 56: EARTH

After their arrival in the capital, Ivar and captain separated. Captain got picked up by an automobile and Ivar switched airplanes. This last flight was very short, which lasted no more than about an hour or so. Just like captain Arthur said, there was someone already waiting for him. A person that met him at his arrival, was a middle-aged dark-skinned man dressed in a strict, all-black suit with an earpiece attached to his ear. Ivar figured it must be some kind of communication device. Caught off guard by Ivar's unusual appearance, the man stared at him with a slight stun for a split second, then quickly collected himself and approached him.

-Sir Ivar, I presume?

-Yes. - Ivar return.

-Welcome to Boston. My name is Nicholas, but you can just call me Nick. I was assigned to be your escort while your stay here. How was your trip?

-It was alright, thank you. - Answered Ivar.

-Good to hear. I was instructed to offer you some rest and food when you arrive if you wish before we continue on our way.

-I appreciate the offer, but I prefer to not waste any time and get to my destination as soon as possible.

-Understood. Please follow me then.

The man led Ivar through a small building to a very sleek looking black vehicle parked just outside of that building. Nicholas popped open the wing door of his Tesla and gesture for Ivar to get in. The interior of this vehicle although quite compact, was very luxurious looking, with white leather seats in contrast to its shiny, onyx-like exterior. Ivar has never seen such a beautiful four-wheeler ground craft. He never knew that even primitive engines could look so lavish. Ivar was genuinely impressed. In addition to its unique design, it had a very strange, pleasant scent of the seating material. The windows were also tinted, creating a private little space from which you can see the outside world, but the outside world cannot see you.

-Here, captain Arthur instructed me to provide you with this, when you get here, and show you how to use it. - He handed Ivar a small device when they were inside the limo.

-What is this? - Asked Ivar with a puzzle.

-It's a communication device we use here on Earth, called a cellphone. It's so that both captain and I can stay in touch with you.

-But, I don't know how to use it. - Said Ivar, looking at it.

-It's simple really... - And Nicholas proceeded to show Ivar how to operate a cellphone. - Alright then, let's go. - He turned his attention back to the steering wheel when he was done.

Ivar immersed in his own thoughts, as the landscape of the earthlings' world whizzed past his window. There was soft music playing in the background, adding to the comfort of this already splendid as is, vehicle. Though the background music inside a transportation craft was another unique to Earthlings and a pleasant thing, Ivar was so engulfed in his anticipation of seeing Stacie soon, he wasn't paying attention to it at all. Until a certain song came up, lyrics of which sounded so familiar, it grabbed his attention. He has never heard this particular song before, yet it seemed to be describing what he felt in such a way, it's a if it was written about him.

I have been blind, unwilling
To see the true love You're giving.
I have ignored every blessing.
I'm on my knees, confessing:

That I feel myself surrender, each time I see your face.
I am staggered by your beauty, Your unassuming grace.
And I feel my heart is turning, falling into place.
I can't hide it, now hear my confession.

In velvety, gentle, male voice the words serenely flowed from the speakers behind him, making his heart skip several beats in a row. Especially with the next chorus, which seemed to portray the entire history of his relationship with Stacie from the moment he met her, in just a few, clear phrases: