Chapter Two: Happy Together

It was finally Friday which happens to be a fun day for most students, except for Delia who didn't really have anybody to spend it with. At least not yet. Delia was walking in the busy loud halls.
"Delia!" She heard from behind her.
"Daniel!" She said all happy.

He took her shoulder and pulled her to the side of the hallway to avoid the crowd.

"So um, I was wondering if you wanted to like.. hang out or something after school? Maybe at the park or something?"
A shocked Delia responded with "totally I would love to"
"Great I'll see you after school!" He said.

Delia felt a rush of serotonin. She was so content that he was actually paying attention to her. Delia walked down the hall excited to tell Clara.

"Clara!" Exclaimed Delia
Clara looked at her. "What?" She said.
"Something just happens a few-" Clara cut her off.
"Wait I need to tell you what happened to me it was crazy!" Said Clara
"Ohh" Delia replied.
"Cole and Alex were both fighting over who got to partner with me for the health project. It was so funny!" Clara rambled

Clara went rambling on about what happened while ignoring the original conversation. She ignored what Delia was going to tell her.

"Anyways, talk to you later!" Said Clara as she pranced off to her other friends.

Delia watched as Clara ran off to go talk to other people. She just wanted to be heard and at least seen but Clara seemed to be blinded by herself. She wasn't in a position to hear Delia, however, Vanessa could hear. Vanessa was always ready to hear what Delia had to say and that's what Delia was most grateful for.

"Vanessa!" Delia said as she rushed to walk next to her.
"What's up, D?" Vanessa sad as she moved her silky dark brown hair from out of her face.
"Walk with me" said Delia "today something kinda weird happened today. Daniel stoped me in the hall and asked me to like.. hangout with him later."
"Oh wow that actually great, just don't like him charm you out of your head" Vanessa said bluntly.
"He won't, he's a good guy!" Said Delia
"I hope he is, you don't still like Jacob though right?" Asked Vanessa
"Maybe a long time ago but not anymore, he's all your now." She said with a chuckle

They laughed and giggled for the rest of the conversation. The end of the day came by like a flash. Delia's heart raced as she saw she saw Daniel approaching her.

"Hey, ready to go?" He said in a comforting but exciting voice.
"Yeah, let me just get my bag." She said all nervous.

As they walked to the exit of the exit of the school corridor Delia and Clara met eyes for a few seconds. She didn't want to say anything because Clara looked busy with her other peers. Daniel took her to the park with the beautiful deep blue duck pond. The sun glazing hot reflected in Delias blonde wavy hair. He threw pieces of bread into the water for the ducks to all fight over.

"Why aren't you popular." He said with an emphasis on the word "you"
She seemed confused by the question. "I don't know, I guess I'm scared of the spotlight." She said.
"Why?" He protested. "Your fucking beautiful and you seem like your genuinely not a terrible person."
She became flustered but tried to hide it "thank you." She said not knowing what to say. "Why'd you ask me to come here with you though, you don't know me?" She asked
"Well, I want to know you." He said "I want to know you, all I know is that you live with the Browns or something." He said
"Yeah, my mom works for them. I'm not really aloud to speak to them that much." She said
"Oh, why?" He asked.
"They're father doesn't want us too or something." She said.
"That means you live with Collin right, Collin Brown." He said.

Collin Brown was by far the most popular and well liked guy at the school. He was known for being the tall, athletic, captain of the football team. He was loved by everybody especially girls and his peers. He was just so perfect, or was he?

"Yeah he lives there, why?" She asked
"Just curious." He said
"My home is... not a very good place.." He told her.
"What do you mean?" She asked
"My father, he owns a deconstruction company." He said
"DE...construction?"
"Yeah he tears down buildings you've probably seen in an add." He said.
"Oh yeah, I've seen him on tv it's like 'Ohio Walker inc.' or something, right?" She asked
"Yeah that's him, he's a... unusual guy." Said Daniel.

He started confiding her about his home life, and what things were like on the football team. He felt that he had found somebody that he could genuinely trust. She was a very skilled listener.

"I feel like the guys on the team are assholes. All the team is, is a date rape and racist jokes club. They're just bad people." He said.
"You aren't a bad person." She said "everybody is just a little fucked up in their own way." She said "that includes me."

Their hands started to drift together, colliding into each other. As they grasped each other's fists waves of emotions and electricity spiraled throughout their body's. He wanted to stay with her forever and never go home. But everything must come to an end. He pushed her waist towards him. Their body's crashing in on each other. With one hand he squeezed her cold hand tightly. His fingers wrapped around hers like a security blanket. With the other he pressed against her back. The only things thing separating them were their uniforms, her school girl skirt, his polo. He leaned down to her face and kissed her firmly. Lips connected, tongues colliding. It felt like fire works blowing up inside his core. Her heavy breathing turned him on. almost as if she was lighting up his body into flames of passion.

When their lips finally parted his fingers still felt attached to her waist. He ran his fingers through her thick, wavy hair and pulled it gently. They didn't know what to say, what are people supposed to say after kissing anyways?

He leaned in and whispered into her ear "I want you to stay with me.."
"I can't... I have to go home soon, but I'll see you on Monday." She said as she smiled
"Ok.." he said