eight - upset

CHAPTER EIGHT:

Later that night, I call Harper. I want to know how things turned out with this Aiden dude. I really hope Harper knows what she wants to do with Mason already, because I feel really bad for the kid, getting cheated on and stuff. Not that I think Harper is a slut, I really think that she could use a change in her life. Especially when she's bored with how it is right now. But then again it's not fair to both Harper and Mason. Mason deserves to know the truth, even when the truth is a backstabbing bitch. Eventually Harper picks up her phone.

"Ava?" She asks.

"Hey." I say.

"What's up?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to check on you. Is Aiden still with you?"

"No, he just left." She says. I can tell she's upset because of her lack of words.

"What's wrong Harp?" I ask and listen while a set of sniffles can be heard.

"Oh, I just don't know what to do Ave. It's just so complicated." I assume she is crying now.

"Do you want me to come over?"

"Yes please." She sniffles.

"Alright. I'll be there in seven minutes okay?"

"Okay." She mutters and I hang up.

...

"What am I supposed to do? I can't just break his heart. Oh my god Ave, what if he's going to cry? I can't just watch him cry! I still love him I'm just so bored of seeing the same person and doing the same things over and over again. There's just no adventure to it." Harper is currently sobbing all over my pink top, which I had quickly put on before I left because I knew my shirt was about to get ruined.

"Like I said. You have to decide. Boredom or heartbreak. You can stay with him and be with the one you love but are bored of, or you could get freedom and actually do what you want without having to think about any of it." I try to calm her but it doesn't really work. She always gets so caught up in her problems, sometimes she's overreacting. But in this case I don't blame her because I can only guess how hard it is to break up with someone you've been dating for three years.

"Yeah you've probably told me that fifty times already." She snaps. But I try to remain calm, she's always like this when she's upset and after way too many fights about a little thing like this I don't want it to happen again. "I just can't decide! I want both of the options, but I just can't have it all. Fuck my life."

"Yeah, life sucks... Hmm I don't know if it's a good idea, but do you want to hear my opinion on all of this?" I ask carefully, not knowing what her reaction's going to be like.

"Yeah sure, tell me." She says and calms down a bit. She blinks her eyes and I grow insecure if what I'm about to tell her is going to please Harper.

"Um... Well I think you should break up with Mason." I expected her to interrupt me, but she doesn't. Instead she just stays silent and nods, urging me to continue. "I mean, obviously you're bored with your life. I think you may need a change. And I think you want it too, not hurt his feelings of course, but be free. And I think that Aiden might help you with that."

She thinks for a moment. After a while of processing my opinion, she finally speaks. "I think you're right." She mutters. "I'm going to go over to Mason right now and explain it."

"Okay." I say and give her a sympathetical smile and watch her get up off the bed and making her way to the bathroom, where she wipes off the excess mascara under her eyes.

We walk down the stairs together and as we reach the door, I give her one last embrace and whisper 'Good Luck' into her ear. She nods and we walk out the front door, going separate ways.

********

GUYS HAPPY NEW YEAR

I HOPE YOU FINALLY GET TO DO YOUR 2009 RESOLUTIONS THIS YEAR. MINE IS TO GET A THIGH GAP BUT I KNOW I'M GOING TO BE EATING PIZZA IN LIKE TEN HOURS SO YAY ME

HOURS? OH I'M SORRY I MEANT SECONDS

Anyways, I'm back with a new chapter and seeing we still have holidays and I'm going to visit my family this weekend, there might come a few more updates soon.

I'm really excited for what this story is going to turn out to be, I have a lot planned for this and know almost exactly how I want to do it because I have such a good plot oh my god. I hope nobody has the same mind as I and has like the same story, because that would really suck because I'm really proud of this idea.

Even though this chapter is really short it's kind of important well not really but I hope you get my point. Oh my there's going to be soooo so much important chapters in this book!!

Bye x Megan