The Apples

Applejack is definitely one of the most underrated ponies. Her along with the rest of her family.

Big Macintosh doesn't really talk much, but when he does, it's worth a listen.

Applebloon is one of the most determined ponies in the show. She stopped at nothing to get her cutie mark and she accepted when her job was to help other ponies find themselves out.

Granny Smith may be old and a little crazy, but she holds a lot more wisdom that any other character in My Little Pony. She's even one of the founders of Ponyville. She even accepted Pear Butter (Buttercup/The Apple siblings mom) into the family after Grand Pear disowned her for marrying Bright Mac.

Bright Macintosh and Pear Butter were only seen in one episode in flashbacks of other ponies, but that doesn't mean they're not important. They met when they were just foals and they quickly became friends even when the other Apples and Pears were rivals. Pretty soon, they ended up falling in love with each other. No matter how badly their families didn't want their relationship to happen, they still stayed together. They weren't seen being parents, but you could see them in their three children.

And last, but most definitely not least, AppleJack.
She's actually my second favorite character in the show, second only after Pinkie. She honest, family oriented, hardworking, and friendly. Everything I aspire to be.

The Apples are the most underappreciated characters in My Little Pony.