𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔: 𝔄 𝔥𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔰𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔩 𝔡𝔞𝔶

***___---___---___***

I'm awoken the next morning in bed by a familiar sound. The door opens. The door closes. Quiet footsteps. Standing over my bed.
"Wait for it"
He crouches down. "Goodmorning aya. How do you feel today?" I snuggle closer to my comfy sheets and open my eyes. "Goodmorning otousan. What time is it?" His hand gently connects to the top of my head and rubs it. "Its 5am. Enough time to eat breakfast, archery practice and then head off to school." He smiles and stands back up. "Now, get up, get dressed and brush your teeth. I'll be waiting downstairs with some steamed rice and miso soup." He starts to leave my room. "Otousan.. Can I have garlic rice instead?" Nodding and smiling, he leaves my room as I sit up and stretch.
"I don't think he's very blunt with the way he speaks to her. It should be more choppy, because then maybe it wouldn't take her 3 minutes and 38 seconds just to sit up."
"That was a lot to say from mr. Deep n' brooding."
I click my neck loosening it up. "Shush!" I slide out of bed with one swift movement and put my hand against the wall, feeling the blood rushing to my head. I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then brush my hair, making sure not to look at my eyes. I walk to my wardrobe.
"We should wear something unusual and unique today."
"As if. No way."
Slowly I reach for my school uniform but then grab out some pink overalls, a black hoodie with the white outline of a cat on it. Some pink and black trainers, black knee high socks and a pink over the shoulder handbag with white wings attached as decorations. "This isn't really my style but I guess it's fine for today." I make my way downstairs and sit at the table seeing the food and smelling the garlic in the steamed rice. "Otousan must be practicing right now." I look over at the finished bowls of food set down on the other side of the table and begin to eat.
"This is real sad."
I finish and then wash up the bowls and walk outside to the archery area to watch otousan. His movements are gentle and graceful but swift. He lifts the bow then brings the arrow to it, He aims at the target and makes sure his shot is lined up only perfectly. Letting go, he hits the target dead centre, the concentration on his face softening. I walk over and smile. "You never miss otousan." He hands me the bow. "Now you have to try." I nod and bring the bow up and then the arrow to it. I aim and then let go as it lands just next to his arrow. I look at him. "Not bad." He says to me and smiles. I nod and run to get my bag. "I'm heading to school otousan! Bye!!" I giggle softly. "Take care! And be safe!" I run out the door and head to school. Soon enough I arrive at school and go to my locker, putting some of my stuff away. "Hey aya! Guess who I found trying to ditch school again today." I look over and see matsuko dragging a brown haired boy by his ear. "Noooo! I didn't wanna come in today!!!" He whines. I smile and giggle "Hey yori. Sorry matsuko dragged you in today." Matsuko let's go of his ear and he rubs it. "Yeah, it's all good. I can't believe you turned up at my house just to drag me to school!!!" I turn back to my locker as they start bickering.
"They always do this, it gets boring."
The bell then rings as we all head to class and sit through our first lessons, soon enough lunch rolls around. I go to the cafeteria with matsuko and yori as we sit and eat. "So, aya, how have the voices been recently?" Matsuko asks quite carefully. "They're getting a lot more active." I look at her completely white eyes. Yori stays quiet for a second and then looks at me. "Have you ever actually ever tried to pay attention to them?" I stay quiet for a second, a little taken aback by the question. "Umm. No. Not really. I just rather them stay quiet." There's an awkward silence until matsuko smiles again. "So, how was math today for you yori?" Yori then pouts and crosses his arms. "Math sucks! And I wouldn't have had to do it if you didn't force me into coming here!!" I giggle as they yet again start arguing. The rest of the day passes by and matsuko and yori walk me home. I get indoors and see otousan but he seems concerned by something he's reading. "Otousan, I'm back, are you okay?" He notices me and puts down the paper as he smiles and walks over. "How was school aya?" He asks. "It was fine. Matsuko dragged yori in today." I reply and start walking upstairs. "Aya." I hear from behind me, I then turn around. "Yes otousan?" He looks at me. "Let's practice some more archery after dinner." I nod and walk upstairs. "Otousan seems off. I hope there's nothing wrong." I put my bag away and then head out my room to eat dinner and do some more target practice.