Prologue

"Idara, I have been posted to Maiduguri and I know you'll be lonely just have it in mind that I'll always send my messages to you,you know I love you,be good for me if you need anything just tell my sis Tope, I have already explained everything to her she'll be of good use to you make sure you always contact me"
"Lanre, must you go to Maiduguri are there not soldiers  there please stay you could tell the general that you sick or look for something else it's not every call you take you know I need you by my side and you know that this is the time we supposed to prepare for our engagement and definitely marriage"
"Idara you know how many times I have told you tell will come whereby we will stay together forever but just now is not the time boko Haram I've been fighting for so long and they need people like us to go and fight to work please I don't want to start having this kind of discussion with you already know what I have said call my sister she will explain everything to you if you need anything meet her please I beg you I'll be on my way the driver is already waiting for me if you're scared of staying in this house you could go and stay at your folks but I know that I will not  come early as usual"
"Lanre I have heard you I will move and stay with my parents and wait for you no problem I pray you win the battle and I pray you come home safe that's all I can ask for you" with that Lanre kissed her and left her sight sight, Idara on the other hand just stood there till they drove out of her sight. With tears in her eyes.. she wished she could see him again.... but.....