Chapter 1: Meeting my Senpai's Kohai

~Akaashi's POV~

Riiiiiiing riiiiiiiiing
I was woken up up by my alarm on my phone going off. It was currently 8 in the morning on a Saturday. You may be asking why I'm not sleeping in like most people. Well to answer your question, my upperclassman had told me he wanted me to hang out with him and his friend from a different school. I know, odd way to say that but it's the truth.

Let me introduce myself properly while I get ready. My name is Keiji Akaashi, I'm a first year at Fukurōdani. My upperclassman is a second year, his name is Koutarou Bokuto, we're both in the boys volleyball club. Me and Bokuto-san became good friends since day one, even though I didn't really know how to talk to others. Bokuto-san tells me that all the girls think I'm probably the best looking in the school but I decide to pay no mind to their comments.

Bokuto-san's best friend is from another school called Nekoma. The two of them are idiots together from what I've seen through their phone calls with eachother. I never really got to know him very well but I've seen pictures of him here and there. I believe his name was Tetsurou Kuroo, he's pretty smart even if he and Bokuto-san act like idiots.

When Bokuto-san told me yesterday at school that Kuroo-san wanted me to join them in hanging out, I was actually worried. Later on that day Bokuto-san ended up tell me that Kuroo-san was bringing someone with him as well, it worries me that he may just make me babysit or something. Anyways, I finished getting ready by putting on my black turtleneck and coat on as I sighed. It was only fall and I just wanted to spend time studying or reading. I checked the time on my phone and realized that I still had some time to spare. I began to brew myself some tea as I glanced out the kitchen window. My mind began to wonder as I zoned out.

'Will Kuroo-san's friend be like him? Why did he want me do hang out with them? Should I bring a gift of some sort?'

My questions came to a stop as my phone vibrated. It was Bokuto-san! He was texting me to see if I was ready. I glaced at the time and realized that I had zoned out for way too long. My tea had became slightly cold from the time I zoned out. I quickly texted Bokuto-san saying that I'll be out in a second as I left the tea there. I wrote a small note for my mom to read when she went to get some of the tea I made. She knew Bokuto was going to drag me out today so I know she doesn't mind but I still didn't want her to worry. Mother left the house before me because she had to run a few errands but I knew she'd be returning in a few.

I grabbed my keys and my wallet before stepping out of the house. It was now currently 11am and I missed breakfast from being a bit nervous to go out. As I began to walk to the trim station, I occasionally glanced at my phone. It was a very peaceful walk but I guess the universe thought it was too peaceful

"AGGGAAASHEEEEE!" Bokuto-san yelled as he came running towards me

"Bokuto-san, calm down please!" I said as I prepared myself for the impact of the owl look alike.

Bokuto-san came to complete stop before he bumped into me. A big goofy smile was displayed over his face as he placed his hands on his hips. Bokuto-san's fashion taste was quite different compared to mine. Bokuto was simple, all he was wearing was a pair of black jeans and a white hoodie. Not to mention his white shoes to match his outfit. I on the other hand dress a little bit more 'maturely', as others would say. I'm wearing a black turtle neck, grey pants, a beige coat, and black shoes.

"Aghashee! Aren't you excited to ACTUALLY meet Kur-bro!" Bokuto's smile only seemed to somehow become bigger as he said that