Chapter 2: A Year of Friendship

~No one's POV~

A year has passed ever since Akaashi was able to finally properly meet Kuroo and Kenma. Currently Fukurōdani and Nekoma were having a practice game. Surprisingly, being one of the only second years, Akaashi managed to get himself the spot as Vice captain of the team while Bokuto got captin of Fukurōdani. On the Nekoma team, Kenma wasn't fortunate enough to be able to get vice captin but Kuroo got the captin spot.

Even if Kenma wasn't vice captin, it seemed he was an important key to their team. Akaashi noticed this from every practice game they held, Kenma was the brain of the team.

"Bokuto-san!" Akaashi yelled out as he set the ball towards his direction

The Ace's owl like eyes sparkled as he jumped up and spiked the ball down to the other court, or so he thought. Nekoma's libero, Morisuke Yaku, managed to keep the ball from hitting the ground.

The game seemed to never end, both sides were persistent. Akaashi purposely had been setting the ball to other players on his team and he saw how impatient Bokuto was becoming. A small side smile appeared on his face once the ball made its way back to their side. With Konoha taking the first touch to save the ball from falling Akaashi had to make a quick decision. They needed the last point to win so they could take a break.

He quickly reacted by setting the ball to Bokuto, all the anger he pent up from waiting was put to good use. Once his palm hit the ball, the ball quickly landed on Nekoma's side of the court. A happy smile appeared on Bokuto's face as wiped away the sweat on his forehead

"Did you see that Aghashee!? Did ya'!? Did ya'!?"

"I sure did Bokuto-san" Akaashi sighed

Once both teams lined up and said their 'thank you's they both began to clean up. Both captains seemed to be talking more than helping but no one was there to care enough to stop them. Akaashi was helping Kenma put the net away as they kept their stoic expression

"I thought it was pretty close game" Akaashi said

Kenma only shrugged in reply "I guess but thanks to your win, Kuroo is going to make us practice more" he shivered

It was clear Kenma wasn't one to work out nor one to be enthusiastic about volleyball. Akaashi wasn't too far off from that. He enjoyed volleyball and was okay with working out but just like Kenma, he didn't have the stamina Bokuto and Kuroo had.

Once the two put the net away, they noticed everyone still packing up. Akaashi noticed Kenma sneaking out as he had his eyes glued to his game. Akaashi slowly followed him outside just for the two of them to sit on the stairs of the gym entrance. The ravenette looked at the game before looking at Kenma. The Nekoma setter had his head down as he gamed so Keiji was able to take note of how much Kenma's hair grew.

Akaashi remembered when he first met him, his roots were barley growing but know his roots were showing more. In his mind, Akaashi was comparing Kenma to pudding just like Bokuto did when they first met.

"Hey Akaashi.." Kenma spoke up without looking away from his game

" What happened Kozume-san? Do you need me to get Kuroo-san for you?"

"No, I was just wondering if you'd like to spend the night over at my place one day. Maybe some of the days Kuroo and Bokuto are having a sleepover of their own"