September 3rd 1943

Olivia's pov:

      Millard was standing in the doorway and was probably concerned that I had come so quickly since I clearly didn't want to be here.

"I'm fine but thank you for asking" 

He just stood there which kind of scared me since I can't see him. He ended up sitting next to me and just sat there. I looked at him and asked him the question that had been stuck in my head.

"Are you guys happy here?"

He seemed offended since he backed up and looked at me.

"Of course we are, why wouldn't we be?"

I started stuttering and I couldn't get the sentence out of my mouth so I just went out of the room trying not to start an awkward situation. Once I entered the bathroom I started crying. I looked like a monster, an emotionless monster to be specific. When I cry it is just tears falling down my face. It was all her fault I'm like this because of HER. I looked at myself in the mirror and I couldn't see anything, I was losing myself. Then came a knock on the door

"Who's in there?" came a sarcastic voice

"Me- so-sorry for taking long"

"Hurry up"

I opened the door and there stood the boy that I had seen under the tree earlier. He stared at me as I walked back to my room hoping that Millard would have gone to the library or something. When I got back thankfully he was gone I sat on the bed and took out the book I was reading. 

                                                                A few hours later

     I had finished the book by the time Miss Peregrine had called us all down for dinner. I went downstairs to find everyone seated at the table. Of course, as I entered they all turned to stare at me which for me was normal. The only chair available was next to Miss Peregrine and once I sat down I started shaking a lot. Everyone started grabbing food and chattering which to me was different since at dinner most of the time no one spoke. I took a small amount of food since I didn't want to be rude and also since I was shaking. Horace, the boy next to me seemed to notice the small amount of food and told me it was okay to get more. I shook my head but ended up just eating the food I had picked up. I would constantly find the others staring at me when I looked up and I thought this was odd until I noticed how I was eating. I didn't use my knife or fork and I ate everything in an odd order, chicken, rice, then salad. I didn't take a sip of the lemonade either and that's when I noticed I had gotten back into the habit of eating how I did back at the headmistress's home.

Horace walked me around the grounds telling me about everything which honestly I wasn't really paying any attention to. By the time he was done, it was time for something called reset which apparently Horace had explained. I stood next to him while we all put on gas masks. Everyone got really excited and Hugh who stood on the other side of me told me that I was going to enjoy it. I knew what was to come though I mean they literally call it reset, Miss Peregrine was going to reset the loop. I heard the planes come in and the sky flash orange and purple, it was beautiful. The plane with the bomb came towards us and for some reason, I wanted to move but I couldn't. I stood there as if my soul had been taken out of me and I watching myself die but of course I didn't. Miss Peregrine clicked her pocket watch and time stopped. I could tell the some of the children were looking at me to see how I would react. I didn't even flinch though I just stood there like a statue and once it was over I took off my mask to see most of them staring at me again. 

"wasn't that amazing?" asked Hugh

"Yeah, I guess" unfazed and looking at the sky. I had many other important things on my mind than the beautiful scenery of reset.