Part 2

"What do I call you?" Hattie finally spoke up 15 minutes into the drive. Alex turned around to face her.
"Well, you're technically Thomas's kid, so you can call him Daddy, Dad, Dada... whatever really. And I can be Uncle Alex." He smiled at her.
"Ok." Hattie nodded and looked out the window while humming to herself. As they were pulling up to the house, Hattie gasped. "Oh my, do you live in a castle?" Thomas chuckled as he parked the car, and opened her door for her.
"It's cool, isn't it?" She giggled and ran up to the porch, almost about to knock. But then she froze and looked at Thomas and Alex.
"Can I?" She asked. They both nodded, so she banged her little fist against the door. A tall boy with dark hair answered.
"Hey guys, Thomas and Alex are back-" he stopped as he noticed Hattie. Scared by all the people inside, she scurried to hide behind Thomas's leg. Alex smirked and made his way inside.
"It's ok, they're really nice people." Thomas spoke softly to Hattie. She tilted her head to the side as she asked,
"Are you sure?" Thomas nodded kindly. She swallowed and walked through the doorway. Looking at all of the people, she gave a small wave as Thomas said, "This is Hattie. My adopted daughter. Hattie, this is Chase, Nick, Tony, Kouvr, Calvin, Patrick, Ryland, Paper, Ondreaz, Mia, Michael, and you've already met Alex." Thomas pointed to each person as he said their name. Hattie followed his finger as she tried to keep up. They all smiled and said their own hellos. She just gave a small smile again and continued hiding behind Thomas's leg. "Well then, welcome to the Hype House."