I

Kim Namjoon's slender fingers ran over the cards in his hands, staring at them curiously. The Empress card stared up at him as he tried to decipher the meaning, swiftly pulling out another card from the deck to try and get a better answer.

Unhelpfully, the Ten of Cards greeted him.

He huffed silently to himself, stacking the cards back together and placing them on the self next to him. The room itself was crowded: it was a comfortable room with beige chairs in the corner and a fluffy white rug on his feet. Plants hung everywhere; he often found himself smacking his head on them. Next to him was a bookshelf, where he kept his countless books and Tarot decks. He was a witch, or whatever name you wanted to call it- and he had countless spells up his sleeves to prove it, thank you very much.

Outside of his house, a large garden expended. He wasn't even sure how big it was, because everytime he decided to walk around the place, it just seemed more and more endless. The garden itself seemed to have a mind of its own- he could practically feel it whispering to him as he strolled through it.

Namjoon had planted the garden at first because he was, well, rather lonely. His older mentor had passed away, and Namjoon was left without anyone to turn to. His mentor had taught him everything he knew now, so he would forever be grateful to the man.

And so, Namjoon had slowly planted the garden, plant by plant, hour by hour, day by day, until it had become the endless scene he was now accustomed to.

There was always something new in the garden. Sometimes he found random animals deep in its leaves, peering up at him with a tilt of their head. They weren't afraid of him, and neither was he, so he and the animals simply kept each other company.

Sometimes he would have customers come visit his house, asking for readings, or spells, or anything in between. For a moment, he felt happy in their company, until they left and the loneliness crept back in.

"What should I do now?" He had asked his cards, the desperation clawing in his gut. The house felt too silent- the days too long. It hadn't been that way when his mentor was around.

And by the card's answer, even they didn't seem to know what he should do.

Namjoon stood, sighing to himself as he made his way to the kitchen. The kitchen was very humble- pots and pans were hung up on the low roof and the counters were rather clustered, but he liked it. The windows were open, allowing a gentle breeze to hit his neck.

He heard a bird chirping out his window, curiously sparing a glance at him. The bird stared back at him as Namjoon smiled to himself. He gently grabbed seeds from his clustered counter (- actually, why did he have seeds there?) and placed them on his windowsill, watching with amusement as the bird reached down to peck at them.

Namjoon rested his head in the palm of his hand, elbow on the windowsill. He carefully moved his index finger to pet the bird's back as it chirped in response. "Where's your family at?" He asked the bird with a small hum.

Of course, the bird didn't answer. He might be a witch, but he certainly didn't live the life of a Harry Potter wizard: he couldn't just make animals speak to him. Still, he continued talking, enjoying watching the bird's perky nature.

"Well, it's alright. I don't have one either." He turned his gaze to stare out the window, watching a mother and her daughter walk by. The girl was eagerly talking to her mother about something, as the older woman smiled fondly back at her.

He frowned, looking back down at the bird that was staring up at him. The seeds were gone. "You must have been hungry, Koya." He laughed, moving his hand away from the bird. He liked that name- Koya.