Chapter 9 - Day 3 Pt 1

With a silent groan (Y/N) rolled over in her bed, feeling the coldness of the morning settle on her skin. Sitting up slowly in her crisp white bed sheet, she brushed the sleep from her long eyelashes, running a hand lazily through her messy (h/c) hair. She noted with slight amusement how her star-patterned quilt lay discarded on the floor beside her bed, presumably kicked off during her slumber in the night. Stretching her arms out to relieve the tension, her pink lips let out a sigh. Something was off about the morning, the want to place her finger on the feeling itching in her mind. Glancing down at the faint glow on her arm, she finally placed it. Her bed was empty, yet she felt like she didn't belong in it anymore. A longingness to have arms around her waist, and a big spoon to her childish little spoon. She chuckled softly at her thoughts, pondering how much of a loser she was to feel this way. She flopped back harshly onto the bed, pulling her sheets closer to her. Her hand stretched out once again, the dull rays of morning hitting her (s/c) skin, warming it ever so slightly. Her fingers reached as far as they could, searching for something else lost in the night. Finally, her fingers felt the soft plush of what she was searching for. Grasping and pulling the bear closer to her, (Y/N) nuzzled her nose into the fabric.

Childish, yes, no doubt about it. But this bear was something more than that. While strangely enough, (Y/N) didn't collect jewellery like other women her age (Although she definitely wasn't like women her age), but her collection was inadvertently large. Collecting items with memories attached was her favourite, and while she wouldn't admit it out loud, her plush toys were the gems of her collection. The one she held in her hands wasn't new, it was rather the opposite, around 30 years old. It was a gift she received from her father, more like an apology. Shaking her head to will the moisture in her eyes away, she held the bear tighter. An apology and memory made. A memory of her finally meeting her father, and an apology for not being there sooner. Letting out another sigh for the morning, (Y/N) sat up once again, this time finally being ready to start the day. No living in the past today, tomorrow, or the next. No, it was about her future now.

"Ahh, (Y/N) good to see you finally awake this morning," Charles greeted as (Y/N) entered the kitchen, sitting at the table quietly and blowing on his coffee lightly to cool the hot liquid. A smile made its way to (Y/N)'s lips upon seeing him, his bald head gleaming softly in the dawn light. Her second father practically, was still so casual around (Y/N), even with her connections to the world around her.

"Morning Grandpa," (Y/N) joked, showing off her pearly whites with a grin. She let out a hum of content as she grasped a cup from the cupboard, closing it softly before pouring herself a glass of water.

"(Y/N), would you mind getting me a cup of coffee?" Charles asked, looking over at (Y/N) who froze up. A cup of coffee, oh no...

"Ahh, you don't know how to make one?" Charles elaborated, smirking as (Y/N) nodded, red overcoming her cheeks out of embarrassment. Charles being able to read minds at least meant she didn't have to vocally admit it. But still, being unable to use a coffee machine although she had been around for over 5 decades was a touch mortifying.

"Don't worry my dear, I can get one later myself, while I'm at the meeting," Charles explained. (Y/N) raised her eyebrows at this statement.

"What meeting?" She asked casually, trying to come off as if she wasn't attempting to drag information out of the older man. He chuckled in response to her, shaking his head affectionately at her behaviour.

"We're starting to open communications with the Avengers, hoping for a mutual agreement of assistance. Possibly directing those at risk towards our facilities, instead of locking them up," Charles informed, wheeling himself over slowly to sit in front of (Y/N).

"I thought your father had informed you, you're required there too today..." Charles trailed off, looking towards her with a smirk on his face. She sighed softly, letting out a soft curse under her breath. Of course, her father had forgotten to tell her, with everything that was discussed last night it was easy to see why he neglected to share this information.