Chapter 12 - Day 2 Part 2

"I'm here! I'm here! No one panic I've got this covered!" (Y/N) called out, rushing through the backdoor of her flower shop quicker than Peter Maximoff himself. Reaching out for her green apron with name tag attached, she swiftly tied up the string at the back, pressing her chin into the top to keep it in place. Vanessa only giggled at (Y/N)'s panicked nature, brushing a strand of her dark hair behind her ear. (Y/N) stopped for a minute, watching as her apron fell off her form completely. Yeah, maybe today wasn't her morning. Vanessa tutted her quietly before reaching her side, spinning the girl around delicately with her manicured fingers.

"You need to calm down for a second, alright? Wade offered to set the shop up before opening," Vanessa cooed quietly in (Y/N)'s ear, carefully weaving a bow with the strings of (Y/N)'s apron, making it nice and tight. With a soft pat to the shoulder, Vanessa left (Y/N) in the back room, knowing already what she had to do before actually opening the shop. (Y/N) let out a sigh at finally being able to stop the rush of the day for a moment, taking her surroundings in. Checking her wrist, the green numbers reflected softly on her in the slightly dark and humid back room. Less than 24 hours, tomorrow she'd meet them. Holding her head in her hands, she reminded herself to take a deep breath, calming herself for a moment of the anxiety swirling around her already buzzing mind.

Vanessa had been kind enough to set up the pots with soil, fully watered and ready to make the growing process easier for (Y/N). Said girl let out a quiet sigh of relief, knowing that she wouldn't have to expend all her energy for her shop this morning. Kneeling in front of the pots, she ignored the quiet bickering and what she believed was some of her ceramics breaking. Knowing Wade (Well, more like knowing Vanessa's criticism), he'd clean it up without a complaint, and it wasn't like she was losing money over it anyways. Her large array of exotic, fresh flowers brought in enough money that Wade could afford to break all her homewares and ceramics. Holding her hand out towards the pots, a Dutch Amaryllis, American Lotus and Clivia sprouted from the soil, each growing until fully bloomed, their colours rich and fresh. (Y/N) grinned to herself, giggling at how she had grown such exotic flowers without the right conditions. In that small moment she felt truly at peace, surrounded by nature and unique flowers, her natural habitat of sorts. Her flower shop was always like a second home to her, even when she was run off her feet working. Maybe it was all the nature surrounding her, or more likely the joy of nature she shared on a daily basis. Looking around the back room with a flick of her head, (Y/N) picked up her flower cutting scissors and bees wax wrapping paper. Preparing the bouquets was one of the highlights of every day, with the common flowers that were sitting along the selves pushing themselves out to meet her as she ran her fingers over them. What had previously been a warm room with little life but a few exotic flowers, soon became a colourful wonderland, each scent mixing together to rid the room it's muskiness. With a swift click of her scissors, she cut the steams off a group of bright red roses, humming while she arranged them in the eco-friendly wrapping. Picking and arranging flowers had been a loved activity since she was a child and doing this everyday only increased (Y/N)'s child-like joy and personality.

"(Y/N), Wade's destroyed one of the show pieces. I can finish up some bouquets for you if you like," Vanessa offered, stepping lightly into the backroom. (Y/N) turned with a smile, humming in agreement as she watched Vanessa slip the pruning gloves on. Placing everything in her hands on the table, (Y/N) gave Vanessa a pitying pat on the shoulder.

"Wade's very lucky he has a soul mate who's so patient," (Y/N) pointed out, Vanessa only laughing softly in reply. Stepping into her storefront, (Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes cringed slightly at the bright morning shining in from her store window. She breathed in for a second before her eyes adjusted, seeing Wade (Thankfully dressed in something other than his costume) standing guiltily in front of her Lily collection. Without a second thought she headed over towards the decimated flowers, lightly grasping the petals and stem that were hanging, broken off from the original plant. Both watched as the plant's fibres grew to clutch each other, slowly pulling together the soft green leaves into its previously perfect state.