Chapter 8

Today was our Quidditch match against Gryffindor.

I was hoping it would be an easy match, but I knew it wouldn't happen for two reasons:

1. Harry Potter was playing and there would always be trouble when he was around.

2. Draco Malfoy may have been a brilliant Quidditch player and an amazing Seeker, but Harry Potter was probably better.

Anyway, we got onto the pitch. The game started.

Immediately, a Bludger flew towards Harry. He flew away from it.

It flew at him again.

He dodged.

And, once again, it tried to attack him.

I realised this was no ordinary Bludger. Someone had tampered with it.

Draco seemed amused. "Training for the ballet, Potter?"

The other Bludger was attacking Sirius, so I went to go hit it away. "What d'you think is going on with that Bludger? Someone's meddled with it!" I commented to him, indicating it.

Sirius glanced over at it. "No idea."

The other Bludger flew at him so I hit it off towards a Chaser.

Then I flew back to rejoin Anja. "How's your first Quidditch match going so far?" I asked.

She grinned. "It's not exactly difficult when you've only got to keep one Bludger away from our team. The Beaters for Gryffindor, though...that must be hard work."

I waved at Fred and George. They waved back and came over to us. "Who's this?" George asked, indicating Anja.

"Oh, this is Anja. She's the new Beater for Slytherin and my twin sister," I told them.

Fred and George glanced at each other. "More twins?"

"Yes," I agreed, "twins do seem to be good Beaters, don't they?"

The Weasley twins looked at each other, then us and then grinned. "Yeah."

They then flew off to try stop the tampered Bludger from killing Harry.

Which was reasonable, I suppose.

Finally, Harry and Draco both spotted the Snitch and went flying off after it.

Harry seemed to be ahead until he stretched out his arm to catch it and the Bludger flew into it.

I think his bone broke.

After that incident, I suspect he was much more careful. But he still tried to catch the Snitch, of course.

And, being Harry Potter, he caught it, somehow.

He fell to the ground in the manner of his typical victory and then passed out.

Draco's father, seated in the audience, looked furious and stormed out.

Meanwhile, Draco himself looked pleased at Harry's fainting, but annoyed about losing.

Anja, from next to me, sighed. "I suppose we have to get used to losing while Harry Potter is around."

I nodded. We both landed and went over to Harry. He had just come to and Lockhart was standing over him.

"Oh, no, not you," Harry muttered.

I definitely agreed with him on that one. "Doesn't know what he's saying," Lockhart told us cheerfully.

Lockhart then attempted to fix Harry's arm. I don't know exactly what spell he used, but it didn't work.