#1: Sparks

One Shot #1: Sparks
- Wherein years after, the sparks still remained alive.

Note: If the words/sentence is in italic, that means it's been spoken in a different language like Thai.

--

"I'm proposing to her."

Nadech stopped breathing, no— he stopped eating. He brought his utensils down and put his palms together, as he stared seriously at their eldest child, now a man planning to ask the hands of the love of his life.

"Come again, Lucian?" Urassaya wasn't sure if she heard him right. "You're what?"

"Mommy, he's gonna propose." Came a soft and demure chuckle from the youngest, Liana. And as what their parents fondly call her, Lia or Gummy. "What's your plans, P'Luke?" she turned to her older brother.

"Hire me as the photographer, P! I'll make sure to capture every moments of the proposal!" Lucas, the second, voluntarily raised his hand.

"Put your hand down, P'Lucas!" Lia irritatingly said to her brother. "If P'Luke will hire a photographer for his proposal, the best pick is the best dad! Right, daddy?" Lia flashed a sweet gummy smile- she really got her charms from her Mom. The fans would even say, Liana is the sweeter version of Yaya.

"I don't think so, Gummy. I'm turning 55. My vision isn't as clear as before. Lucas will do better than me." Nadech smiled to his daughter. He was just being honest.

"Oh..kay, daddy. But please don't call me Gummy, again. I'm not a baby anymore! I'm eighteen." Lia's nose scrunched as a her lips formed a pout.

"You're eighteen and you're still my baby gummy." Yaya snickered.

"Eighteen but still acts like eight." Her brother, Lucas added.

"P'Lucas! You're so annoying!" The irritation Lia was feeling made her speak in Thai which made everyone in the hall laugh.

"Let's go back to the topic. So, Lucian my boy.. are you sure about this? You're proposing to Jane?" Yaya turned serious, as she asked her first child.

"I'm really sure, Mom. If she will say yes, it's not like we will have the wedding next month or what. It will be a long preparation." Lucian explained, wiping the side of his mouth.

He is just 23. And he already achieved a lot at that age even without following the steps of Nadech & Yaya in the industry. None of NY's children became superstars like them, but they still made headlines. They still made it to the news & magazines. It wasn't as if the two didn't want them to follow their paths- it's just that, the three aimed to make names in their chosen careers that aren't being a celebrity or a star.

"When are you planning to put the ring, P?" Lia was obviously the most excited for the proposal in the whole family. "I can't wait to become the bridesmaid!"

"Next month, Lia." Lucian answered. "Lucas, will you do the favor and be the photographer?"

"I got you, P'Luke." The parents unconsciously smiled. It's been what? A year? Since the last time they gathered again in one room like this. If only Lucian didn't have an important announcement, they wouldn't be complete.

"P'Lucas, look at Mom and Dad," Lia whispered to Lucas who was seated beside her.

"They look happy."

"Mom, Dad?" Lia called for the two's attention. "You two still have sparks."

Nadech almost choked on the water he was drinking- which made Yaya stand up and check up on him, because he was sitting at the front edge. "Are you fine?" She carressed his back.