#3: Setsunai

hello, people!
yes I'm not abandoning this
book lmao just finding the
right shot to post here, and
now I already did that's why
here u go. already edited but
i might miss anything so feel
free to correct me! 🤍
.
.
.

One Shot #3: Setsunai
- Will a trip to Japan fix a broken vow?

--

First month was fairytale, sixth was okay, tenth was unstable. And the 12th month, everything spun to a blurry turn.

The wedding is supposed to be the beginning of a happy story, and yet a vast of people have something to tell in their pockets about the worse side of it. That not every marriage works, whatever situation put you into it, whatever the root was why you got in there- still, not every marriage ends happily ever after like how Disney shows it to children.

Not every married person who appears to be all-smile and bubbly in front of the world is indeed happy once you close the curtains.

"Aren't you really gonna tell us where your anniversary celebration will be?" Gie continued to persist.

"Yeah, it's not like we're gonna send a bunch of paparazzi or fans to mob you guys!" rolling her eyes, Kim said. She swirled her glass of wine in a moderate speed before gulping it down. "I might have another bottle for the second time tonight."

"Geez, the check has to be yours. You ate and drank a lot," our older friend told her. "And you, still no clue for us?"

"I told you girls, the location is not my place to tell. Because I myself don't know it! You know my husband and his love for surprises ever since we got married.." I reasoned out. It was a lie.

"You're right.. when the two of you weren't married yet, you're in charge of the grand surprises and never let him that much. I guess he's giving his all now," Kim teased and grabbed a spoonful of soup.

This woman is eating a lot than usual.

"Hey, girl.. are we gonna expect a plus one this year?" I got Gie's attention shift to Kim and the two of us eyed her. "You seem unusually irritable and you're eating a lot... you might as well stop gulping down some wine."

"W-what.. what are you saying, Ya! Of course I'm not," she avoided our gaze. "The wedding is not yet prepared, and we're definitely not ready for a baby. That's nonsense." She started fidgeting, then rotated her engagement ring in an awkward manner.

I arched my brow, meanwhile Margie nodded in silence. But I knew she's feeling the same way with me.

I decided to remain quiet about it as I finished my meal.

A few hours later, I would find myself grumbling in front of my husband when he handed me a bouquet of white roses, the camera's strap hung around his neck to capture me.

"Do we really need to do this? It's not as if you bought these flowers wholeheartedly for me." I expressed with a touch of sarcasm.

He mocked me, "then you shouldn't have signed the divorce papers."

Stained with infuriation, I compelled to draw a bright smile in front of the camera. After a few shots, I scrolled through them and picked my best three photos to post in Instagram. Once done, I hurled the bouquet on the floor before stomping back to my room.