Is It Right? Chapter 1

"Mom!! Stop it!" I practically yelled. My mom could be so clingy sometimes. I mean, it's understandable, as I'm starting at Destiny Isles College today, and all. My mom was bawling her eyes out and telling me not to do drugs or do anything else stupid like join a gang. What does she think goes on here? I heard a muffled laugh off to my right and I turned to see my best friend, Riku, trying to suppress a laugh with a hand over his mouth. I shot him a dirty look. "Mom! I swear, I'll be fine. Like Riku would let me join a gang." I snickered and under my breath I added, "At least, not without him."

I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my cheek. I looked at my mom and saw a stern look on her face. "Do not even joke about that, mister!" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, mother dearest." I picked up my suitcase, and began to walk towards Riku. He had this devilish grin plastered to his face. "What?" I asked, wondering why he was smiling.

"Does wittwe Sora wanna give his mommy one wast kiss before she goes away fowever?" He teased, pinching my cheek. I slapped his hand away.

"Shut up. You're lucky your parents aren't here." I looked at him, my face filled with envy for his parentless departure to college.

"Tch, I wish my parents were here. I wish they'd even notice I was gone." He looked down, his face suddenly full of sadness, and all of the sudden, the air around us was heavy. I knew Riku didn't exactly have the best parents, but he made it sound a lot worse than it probably is. But what did I know? I'd never actually been to his house before.

"Look Riku, I'm sorry... I didn't mean what I said." I apologized, and placed a sympathetic hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off.

"It's Fine." He replied gruffly. "At least now I get to see my girlfriend." He said, and began to smile at the thought of her.

"Oooh yeah! I forgot that you told me she goes here. Does that mean I finally get to meet her?"

"Maybe if you promise not to hit on her." He joked.

"Do I really seem that desperate to you? Or do I like I have a death wish. You would beat me to a pulp!" I exclaimed with a broad smile. He smiled back.

"Yeah, you do seem desperate. You haven't had anything since Yuffie. Man, that really got to you, didn't it?" I only nodded. Me and Yuffie had been together for 3 years, But a few weeks back, she just ended it, no reason as to why other than "it just doesn't feel right." I was pretty broken up about it for a while, because we had had a pretty good thing.

"Dude snap out of it" Riku called to me from down the hall.

I shook myself out of my trance, not realizing I had stopped. Apparently, neither had Riku, because he was halfway through the door to one of the dorms. I ran to catch up to him, looking around, still in awe that we more or less were on our own and could do anything we wanted. Within reason, of course. I'm NOT joining a gang, if that's what you're thinking. I was merely contemplating all crazy parties, all the stupid pranks and of course, all the hot girls! There is one in particular, but we're not there yet in the story. So, the authors are going to remove my omnipotence, rebuild the 4th wall and go back to the story. I shook the thought of joining a gang out of my head, and entered the dorm I was to share with my bestest friend ever. "It's kind of small, isn't it?" I asked Riku, feeling kind of disappointed. "I always thought they would be bigger." Riku just shrugged.

"I visited here once to see my girlfriend and she showed me her room." He looked at me waggled his eyebrows, while boasting a devilish smirk. I rolled my eyes and gestured for him to continue. "All I'm saying I that I've been here before, so I expected this."

"SUUUURE! It sounded more along the lines of you bragging about getting laid!"'

Riku just smirked. "Maaaaybe." I punched his bicep.

"Shut u-" Suddenly, my face was covered in a down pillow in a batman pillow case. God, he was a nerd. Why Riku thought it was necessary to whack my face with his pillow, I'll never know, but it started the longest pillow fight we've ever had. Mature, I know, but we didn't give a damn.

There was a knock at the door, and there stood a petite blonde girl with hair that went just below her shoulders, and was mostly pushed to one side. She had a bright, yet shy smile, and the colour of her pearly white teeth almost matched her pale complexion. Her eyes were a brilliant shade of blue. "Hi," she said, almost inaudibly. "Have you seen a guy, about your height," she pointed at me, "with short spikey-blond hair? He... uh, stole something from me." Oh, no. That sounded exactly like who I thought it was: my cousin, Roxas.

Riku just looked at me, expecting me to handle this. I sighed. "What's his name," I asked, "I might know him" She seemed surprised.

"Oh. Uhm, I doubt it." She looked down.

"The guy you described sounds like my cousin, Roxas. You must be Naminé. He talks about you a lot. Never shuts up, in fact." The girl blushed at this, and she looked at her feet, as if they were going to tell her what to do next. "Do me a favour," I said, which caused her to look at me. Well, sort of. Her eyes were on me, but her head was still angled towards the floor. "Just don't lose him. He's an ass at times, but he's really a good guy. If you two stopped being a thing, I am ninety percent sure that he would buy all the sea salt ice cream available, and sit in my house and cry." I chuckled a bit at this. The girl smiled again, and chuckled, too.

"I won't lose him. I promise." Her smile seemed to brighten.

I nodded. "Good. Now, if I know my cousin, He's probably in the place where he stole whatever it was he stole from you." She sighed and turned and went back down the way she came. Once she was out of earshot, I hear Riku say "She was kind of cute. Too bad your cousin beat you to her"

I looked at him with extreme disbelief. "Dude, she's blonde, which I am not into, and she and Roxas have been friends since birth. She has never even existed in our town."

He just shrugged. "I'm just saying..."

"Whatever, ya fucking nit. Pick your side."