Family Day

Scarlett, Colin, and Rose have been running around New York all day. From going hiking in Central Park to going swimming in the Hamptons.
It was Sunday and Colin was already tired from getting home very late due to the late hours of SNL. But spending time with Scarlett and Rose seemed to take away all the tiredness from his body. Seeing Rose smile so bright from getting her favorite ice cream flavor to Scarlett kissing the ice-cream off his face, all of it just made his heart so full.

At the ice-cream shop

"What flavor do you want, baby?" Scarlett asked the little girl. "STRAWBERRY!" Rose answered enthusiastically. Before Scarlett had a chance to tell Colin their orders he had already ordered. "What did you order?" Scarlett asked her fiance. "Strawberry for Rose, Mocha Almond Fudge for you, and Lemon Curd for me" Colin answered easily. Scarlett was surprised he knew their go-to ice cream flavors but what didn't surprise her was how truly attentive and caring Colin was.

For Scarlett, it was always the little things that mattered. The way Coin would instantly know when she had a bad day at work and give her a massage to cheer her up or the way he would easily drop everything he was doing if Rose wanted something as small as a snack.

Scarlett just smiled and lightly kissed Colin. When she pulled away she found herself looking into his eyes. They continued to just stare into each other's eyes until a voice interrupted them. "Daddy!" Rose called out to Colin.

Rose had known Colin since she was 2 years old and was quite comfortable with him. She called him "Daddy" and her biological dad "Papa" as far as Rose was concerned Colin is her father, blood or not.

"Yes, sweetheart" Colin answered. "Is the ice-cream ready?" Rose asked. "I don't know but I'll go check ok princess?" Colin said. "Ok, daddy!" Rose replied.

Colin came back to their table with a tray holding their ice cream.

"How is it that a 6-year-old can eat cleaner than you?" Scarlett asked, noticing some ice cream by Colin's cheek. Colin just laughed and tried to wipe it off, missing the ice cream. Scarlett couldn't resist his cuteness and just kissed the ice cream off his cheek. "Hmmm, Honey this is really zesty," Scarlett said tasting the ice cream. Colin kissed Scarlett again upon the memory of Thanksgiving last year.

Colin and Scarlett were laying in bed watching T.V. when a rerun of Scarlett's interview from Live with Kelly and Ryan popped up. "Sorry Honey it was zesty" came Scarlett's voice from the interview. Colin muted the T.V. and looked towards his fiance. "Zesty huh?" Colin asked teasingly. "Sorry but you know that I'm not really into zesty food" Scarlett replied. Colin just kissed her forehead and turned the T.V. to a different channel.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Rose said excitedly. "What is it, baby?" Scarlett asked. "I love you mommy and I love you too daddy, thank you for the ice cream!" Rose replied with a big smile that caused the two adults to smile as well.