9: that's oddly specific

"hao, did you get jeonghan's message?" chan throws his duffel bag to the couch, then proceeds to take his flannel off. ugh, that one goes straight to the laundry. "hao?"

"i got the message." chan is startled when minghao crept up behind him. the smaller turns around, to face minghao. he skipped work today, claiming that he was sick. he was actually just bundled up in his room, watching sad romance on netflix. "i don't want to go. you don't, right?"

jeonghan and jisoo's housewarming party is going to be held tomorrow. of course, all of their friends will be there—plus hyaeom, since junhui brings here everywhere. minghao doesn't like that.

"yeah, but out of respect, we still should." chan raises an eyebrow. minghao groaned, walking lazily past chan to plop on the couch. chan laughed at minghao. "look who doesn't want to go now? should i drag you tomorrow too?"

"but we can't go! you don't like jeonghan and jisoo, i'm still ashamed of myself, and there's seungcheol!" minghao frowned at chan. chan laughed harder. "just say you have work and then we'll skip together."

"i'm.... moving on, so it's kinda okay, actually." chan states, making minghao giggle in disbelief. "hey, it's true! plus, if you don't show up, you're definitely guilty for doing that wine thing on hyaeom. it means that it wasn't just a drunk dee—"

"OKAY, i will go! but i won't ever talk to anyone!" minghao says in defeat. chan pumped his fist in the air, making minghao question his rommate's actions. "why are you so excited?"

"huh? i'm not." chan says, putting down his fist. minghao squinted at chan, before going back to his room. chan looked at minghao weirdly. "maybe i am excited... but why? because i'm seeing jeonghan? come on, i'm not head over heels for him anymore. then what?!" chan asked himself.

chan shrugged it off and proceeded to the shower.

"see, you said you didn't want to go, but here we are." chan whispers to minghao, holding his cup of orange juice. chan eyed his distressed roommate, who was staring at junhui and hyaeom. "wanna go to them and apologize?"

"yeah, i want to, but i'm still embarrased. i want to skin myself alive." minghao stated, making chan laugh. "jeonghan and jisoo bought a pretty big house, though."

"yeah, they're loaded." chan says, setting down his cup of juice. "i gotta go to the bathroom quick, i think i've had too much of the orange juice. i'll be back." minghao nods and chan goes to the bathroom, after getting directions from jeonghan.

meanwhile, minghao takes the chance. he runs out, goes inside his car and drives away. poor chan.

chan was about to open the bathroom door, but then he saw light seeping out from under the door. someone might be inside, so chan stays in front of the door and waited. or rather, eavesdropped on jisoo and whoever was on the phone.

"i can't today, you know that. i just got married... yeah, nope, not that date too... i'm sorry, i'll come there soon. i'm just really busy—yeah, jeonghan is more important. but i'll come there, still, soon, and you can do whatever ridiculous trial that you want to do with me.....please, just for this month."

oh my god. is jisoo cheating?!

"oh—! hello chan, you're gonna use the bathroom?" jisoo startles chan. chan nods anyway, and enters the bathroom. chan shrugs off the phone call and does his business, using the brand new flower-scented handsoaps.

if chan gets another sign of jisoo being weird(or cheating, if chan may say), he will definitely tell jeonghan about it. just not now.

"your roommate ditched you."

"oh my—seungcheol! how long were you lingering there?" chan clutches his chest, eyes widened at the sight of seungcheol leaning on the wall beside the bathroom door. seungcheol shrugs, and chan scoffs. "creep."

"hey, i just wanted to inform you. i didn't mean anything bad. fuck you." seungcheol looked chan up and down, judgingly. "ew. what are you wearing?"

"oh, sorry, mr. fashion designer, but your dance moves sucked too." chan proudly showcases his outfit; a fuschia pink oversized shirt (with a very absurd caption on it) and green track pants. seungcheol fake-gags. "fuck you too."

"wanna ditch?" seungcheol unexpectedly asked, making chan laugh. "what?!"

"did you wait for me to come out of the bathroom to ask me to ditch because you're lonely and you're probably going to grow old single and live with your nine cats namely tom, sasha, snuggles, kyle, minnie, fifi, brownie, kenma, coco, nora?" chan crosses his arms, still chuckling. seungcheol squinted at chan, weirded out.

"that's oddly specific, but i didn't get my answer." seungcheol chuckles, which chan smiled at.

"depends on where we're going." chan placed his hands inside his pockets, leaning on the wall behind him. seungcheol hummed as he thought of a good place.

"if i say anything, you'd decline, so i'm going to surprise you instead! no going back!" seungcheol grabs chan by his shirt, dragging him for a meter before chan finally caught up to seungcheol's speed.

"don't drag me, bitch!"

"not my fault that you're so slow!"

"fuck you!"

"fuck you too! get in the car!" seungcheol shoves chan inside his car, hitting the younger's head on the roof. "that wasn't on purpose!" seungcheol giggled as chan winced, then seungcheol closed the door.

"what the fuck is this?! you're kidnapping me!"

"i know!" seungcheol speeded into the road.

jeonghan was surprised. two who previously hated even sitting beside each other are going inside the same car, going somewhere together, and they were laughing?! everything is so unpredictable.