Staircase to heaven

Zack hurried out of the elevator, ready to attack should anything intend to harm you. You noticed that he has been especially more protective as of late. Though he was stubborn about it, it still made you feel nice. He likely wouldn't do such a thing for anyone else.

Zack: "Now where do we go?"

You joined by his side and continued walking toward the church. Zack kept his eyes trained on your surroundings.

(Y/n): "I got a tip from the old man to look at the stained glass windows. It's probably behind the biggest one, if I had to wager a guess..."

Zack: "You got a real answer outta that guy?"

(Y/n): "He owed me.. big time."

Zack raised his brows, seeming slightly impressed by your reply. 

He the suddenly threw his arm out in front of you, signaling you to stop walking.

Zack: "Hold up."

Zack had stopped you before you stepped into the cathedral. He peeked around the doorway and scanned the significantly larger room.

Zack: "Alright, Specs, where are you hiding?..."

Zack muttered to himself.

He studied the room for a few more seconds before giving you the okay to move forward. 

You walked up to the organ, which was positioned in front of the largest window. The instrument obstructed your path.

(Y/n): "I'd say the one behind this is probably the exit."

Zack: "Sure, sure. I'll just move it over real quick."

He stretched and sat his scythe down. He then went to push the instrument out of the way. He strained as he tried to push it aside.

Zack: "Damn, this is heavy."

He continued trying to push, his eyes squeezed shut. Without him knowing, you joined him, pushing from a little farther down on the instrument than he was. The obstacle moved slightly from your added force. Zack noticed you below him and smirked, still struggling to push the organ.
It started to give.
Little by little, it was moved out of the way, though, given, at a snails pace.
When it finally was no longer obstructing the window, you both sank in place, panting from exhaustion.

Zack: "Holy shit, my arms are numb!"

You took a large breath, leaning backwards into him.

(Y/n): "Why the hell was that so damn heavy..."

Zack: "Whatever, you made it look easy."

He leaned forward, propping his elbows on his knees and his chin on top of your head. His smile was evident in his voice.  

You could feel his Adam's apple bob against your head, and the vibrations from his raspy voice as he spoke. All of these little things brought you an odd comfort.

(Y/n): "Yeah right.."

You breathed.

Zack: "Didn't know I was walkin' around here with a friggin' beefcake. I shoulda been the one stayin' behind you this whole time."