Happy birthday nerd

It was a lazy afternoon. All you had been doing is homework. All. Day. Long. You were happy to see that it was spring time, the time were the flowers bloomed and the sun would come out to bring a smile to everyone's faces. But spring time also brought the spring festival.

Oikawa had been doing the same as you. Studying his ass off, though he didn't struggle to memorize the material as much as you did. Which gave him the time to think. Think about you. Recently he's done a lot of thinking. He looked outside his window to watch the cars pass by. The sun was out a lot more than usual, which made him happy. The sun reminded him of you and your bright smile. Next to him was a plate of strawberry's. He picked one up and took a small bite out of it, strawberry's reminded him of the smell of your hair. He cursed himself for constantly thinking about you. He had a girlfriend for fucks sake. But he couldn't stop his heart from feeling this way.

Sometime he hated his heart.

Then a idea popped into his head. The spring festival. He smiled at the thought of spending his time with you and watching the fireworks together. It was also coincidentally his birthday. He smiled and continued his homework.

——

You stood outside in your yellow Yukata waiting for you friends. Levi had band so he couldn't make it. But thankfully Iwa and Emmy gave a thumbs up and would be joining you. They said they would meet you at your house and you three would walk together but it was way past the time you three had planned.

"Y/n" you looked up to see a familiar bush of hair.

"Oikawa? What are you doing here?" You asked, watching Oikawa rub the back of his head awkwardly.

"Iwaizumi said to come meet at your house. He told me to tell you that him and Emmy are already at the festival. I can walk you and then you can go hang out with them or...." Oikawa's heart was beating so fast, he thought he was going to die. Oikawa was implying spending his time with you, the whole festival. He even canceled on Kira. He planned on breaking up with her so he could be with you, forever.

"Uh okay, why didn't he just tell me I've been waiting for 20 minutes" you sadly said.

You two began on your walk there. It was already getting dark. Oikawa looked over at you, looking at your yellow yukata and your perfectly styled hair. You noticed the staring and looked over to see a red Oikawa.

"Are you feeling okay? You're all red, how are you feeling?" You said stopping in your tracks and reaching your hand up to feel Oikawa's face.

"Wha- oh I'm feeling amazing, come on let's hurry so you can meet up with them" Oikawa said taking your hand into his and pulling you towards the festival.

"Want to hang out with us or are you hanging out with Kira"

"Kira? Oh no I canceled I wanted to be with you but you are going with Iwa and Emmy" oikawa said sadly. Now it was your turn to feel warm and fuzzy.

The wind was blowing gently, you could feel it wash through your hair. The lights of the festival could be seen from far away. And the stars above you two glowed beautifully. Not to mention Oikawa, who wore a plain white shirt and jeans but still managed to look rather cute, his hair all ruffled up.

You two approached the festival to see all the stands. "Iwa hasn't responded yet" Oikawa stated looking down at you. You looked up at him smiling. "That's okay, we can go play games and get food until he responds" you said smiling and taking Oikawa's hand.

He looked down at your two hands. Your hand was warm and soft to the touch. You two continued walking past random stands, stopping to play a small game or to get a snack. You felt happy with Oikawa and Oikawa felt happy with you. All you wanted to do was spend your days with him, like today.

Oikawa felt a buzz in his pocket. He knew it was a text from Iwaizumi. But instead he chose to ignore it and continue the night with you.

You two now sat on a hill, close enough to the festival to see the fireworks. The both of you sat in comfortable silence, looking up at the stars. You then remembered what day it was.

"Happy birthday nerd" you said smiling. Oikawa turned to look at you, to see your smiling face.

"Thank you, best birthday ever!" he wrapped his arms around your waist causing you to fall down on your back. Oikawa set his head on your chest and looked up at your face. Your eyes shined and your plump pink lips were turned up into a smile. Before Oikawa knew it he leaned over your small body and pressed his lips onto yours. They were soft, like last time. You didn't find yourself pulling away instead you leaned into the kiss more. The kiss only lasted a few seconds until Oikawa placed his hand below your chest. You pushed him off of you, "Hey, you know I'm under age now" you said jokingly. You could see Oikawa pouting in the corner of your eye, his cheeks covered in red. "That's not fair!"

You looked over at Oikawa. He wore a goofy grin and looked at your flushed face. You two sat there for a bit, staring at each other's flustered faces. The sound of a loud boom drew your attention to the sky. The fireworks painted the sky in all different colors, it was beautiful. But the thought of everything ending still lingered in your mind. "Do you have to leave?" You asked looking over at Oikawa. He lugged a bit, thinking you were joking. He soon stopped when he noticed your serious face.

"Yeah" he mumbled out and looked down at the grass. "I won't go far, and I can always come see you" you knew he was lying. He could be going across the world and only come home on holidays. "And you can finish high school with no extra worries. Then you can go to college and maybe we can go to the same one" he said, taking your hand. "How am I going to get into a school for geniuses" you mumbled out.

——
AN: Okay, I know this chapter is like CRINGE. I know Kira still exists but fuck her, also Oikawa's birthday is in summer but it's the spring festival rn I just idk the school year can't end yet so in the story his birthday is in spring... I hope that isn't confusing . Ummm so Haikyuu has ended.... I don't want to talk about it. AND ON OUR BABIES BIRTHDAY OH NOOOOO. But anyways I hope you are doing okay and enjoyed this chapter. I haven't figured out how much I'm gonna upload but I really need to work on my mental health. Anyways I hope you have a good rest of your day, I love you all! Thank you for everything. <3