Chapter 2

Root of Love

Third person's POV

1998

"Eomma! Don't leave me here!" a nearly five-year-old boy whined at his mother as he was being dropped off to school.

"Tae Min! You have to attend kindergarten. You will meet new friends here" his mother answered, struggling to drag Tae Min inside the classroom.

"Eomma, I only want to be with hyung" he resists going inside the room and was then carried by his mother.

The teacher comforted little Tae Min as his mother said goodbye to him. After a couple minutes of talking with the teacher, he was finally calm, and started with the introductions.

After being introduced to each other through a game, the kids were instructed to sit beside a classmate to know each other better. Tae Min was so shy that he just sat alone at the back row of the room. Suddenly, a jolly little girl sat beside him.

"You're Tae Min, right?" asked the girl with bright smile on her face. Tae Min simply nodded his head and didn't say a word.

"My name is Jin Young. Park Jin Young. Tae Min-ah, do you have any friends" Jin Young asks once again while secretly snacking on some marshmallows. Taemin shook his head and the little girl pouted in sympathy.

"Then I will be your friend. Here have some of my favourite food" she gave him a handful of marshmallows and they both sneakily eat it while the teacher is telling a story to the class.

Taemin and Jinyoung grew more comfortable with each other's company and eventually became the best of friends because of the talkativeness of Jinyoung.

2005

"You're really doing it?" Jinyoung asked Taemin as they were walking home from school.

"I'm really sure about it. I just hope that I can pass" Taemin answered while being a bit nervous about his upcoming audition.

"Don't worry! I've seen you dance, you're totally gonna make it. I will also pray for you" Jinyoung encouraged him while patting his back.

"Why are you being so nice to me? You usually make me feel worse at times like this" Taemin jokingly questioned the strange action of his friend towards him.

"I know what you are capable of. You have a potential to be an idol, and if that happens, I get to spend your money as well because I'm your bestfriend" she proudly answers with a smirk on her face.

"Why am I not surprised? You always finish my weekly allowance buying snacks to eat at classes" he rolled his eyes on her.

"Hey! You're eating the snacks that I buy as well. Why is it only me who takes the blame?" she hit Taemin's arm with her bag and immediately ran off to avoid him taking revenge on her.
~
The day of the audition has come, and Jinyoung decided go with them to support Taemin.

It was easy to ask permission from her parents since their family are already close as well.

As the audition casting began, Jinyoung relaxedly waited as she knows that her bestfriend will crush it, especially, after she saw the other competitors.

"He will pass this casting in no time" she thought to herself.

Time passed by, and Taemin, along with his mother, just finished talking with the administrators.

"So, what did they say?" Jinyoung jumped out off her seat as she approach them.

"I passed!" Taemin excitedly broke the news. They hugged each other and jumped up and down.

Taemin's mother treated the two to their favourite restaurant since they bear a wonderful news.
~

2006

It has already been a year since Taemin became a trainee at SM. Jinyoung is quite used to going home alone already since her bestfriend always rushes to train every after school. They only get to hang out every break time and talk about what it feels like to encounter idols at a daily basis.

"I still can't believe that you get to see them so often" Jinyoung sighed in envy.

"If you like, I could ask them for an autograph" Taemin offered to his bestfriend who is frowning.

"Really!? You would do that for me? Can you also ask Sungmin oppa to write something for me?" Jinyoung was talking so fast due to all of the excitement.

"I'll try to, but don't get your hopes up too much" he answered. The next day, Jinyoung gave Taemin her 'Super Junior 05' to ask the members to sign on it.

Days have passed, and Taemin successfully asked all the members for their autograph and Sungmin even wrote a separate letter for Jinyoung. When he gave to it her the next day, she jumped all around and nearly cried out of joy.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love you so much Taemin! You're the best! This is the best gift ever!" Jinyoung screamed while jumping everywhere while hugging the memorabilia from her idols.

"It was really embarrassing, because I had to look for them on my break times" Taemin sighed while scratching the back of his head.

"Awww! You really did that for me? You're the best best bestfriend in the world" Jinyoung immediately hugged her best best bestfriend in the world who went beyond limits just to make her the happiest she can be.
~
They may not hang out like they used to, but they really enjoy every second of the time they can spend with each other. Some other times, they would just lie down under a tree and rest. Jinyoung would also help Taemin with his schoolwork since there is a lot happening on his life already at a young age. They really displayed that friendship is not only about hanging out and having fun, it is also about how you are there for each other especially on ones hard times.
~

2008

"Congratulations, Taemin-ah!" they ran to each other as Taemin enter the congratulatory party held at Jinyoung's house. There were only close friends and family as to not cause any trouble. The rest of the group was not there since they also went home to their families.

"You really organized this by yourself?" Taemin asked while eating cake.

"Of course! I stayed up all night preparing everything. I wanted everything to be perfect so I did not sleep a blink before making sure that everything is done" she answered with a proud smile on her face.

"You did? My bestfriend is so sweet and thoughtful" he hugged her and they continued catching up with each other's stories.
~

Time passed by and Jinyoung became close with the other members as well. She would often make food for them and watch them practice if she has the time.

Jinyoung started her 2011 by attending the two-day concert of SHINee. She still goes crazy while cheering even though she often hangs out with them in their free time. They grew fond of each other to the point that they treat her as their sister as well.
---

Hey there! I hope this chapter is not too dull for you guys. Please enjoy the story. I will try my best to update regularly. Thank you!