Chapter 4

What Should I Do?

Taemin went to the breakfast bar and silently stared at his food, thinking about what happened between him and his bestfriend last night.

"Taemin-ah, what's wrong? You've been spacing out since last night. Is everything okay?" Key curiously asked.

"Hyung, I kissed Jinyoung last night" he unconsciously answered, still staring at his food.

"WHAT!?" Jonghyun exclaimed, eventually he overheard them talking. Key, on the other hand, was so shocked that he just stared at Taemin.

"Hyung, why are you shouting early in the morning?" Minho frustratedly asked while walking out from his room.

"Is everything alright? What's happening?" Onew immediately ran out of the bathroom, still brushing his teeth.

"Taemin" Jonghyun pointed at Taemin who hanged his head low to hide his face that is blushing. "Kissed Jinyoung last night" Jonghyun added, he still can't believe as well at the words coming out from his mouth.

"He did what!?" Minho's eyes became wider upon hearing what Taemin did to his favourite flame.

"Taemin-ah, do you like Jinyoung?" Onew asked with a comforting voice. Taemin shyly nodded his head and the others' faces lit up with understanding. Well except for Key, in case you're wondering, he is shocked with his mouth open.

Taemin told them everything that had happened last night and asked them how should he apologize to Jinyoung. They all thought hard about it and at the end they all agreed that Taemin should be mature enough to approach her and respectfully take responsible of what had happen.

"Should I take full responsibility even though she didn't ask me stop?" Taemin timidly questioned his hyungs.

"Of course! You made the first move, you take all the responsibility" Minho said, siding with Jinyoung right from the start.

"Just remember to talk in the calmest way possible. I know that you guys are comfortable enough to talk to each other in a not-that-formal way, but this is a serious matter so you as well should be serious while talking" Onew advised him.
~

Taemin decided to ask Jinyoung to come over at their special place,  which is the huge tree in the park where they used to rest at. Jinyoung agreed to it, and went there with nervousness all around her. As she reached the park, she took a deep breath, trying to calm her system down before heading over to the tree. When she got there, Taemin was already waiting for her, holding a paper bag.

"Jinyoung-ah, thank you for coming" Taemin greeted her and she just smiled at him. "By the way, I got you some Jokbal as a peace offering, in case you're still mad at me" he handed the paper bag to her with both hands while slightly bowing.

"Me? Still mad at you? The hell I am! Dude, you stole my first kiss, aren't you surrounded by girls better than me to kiss!? And that confession thing, I kinda bought it thinking that you were being serious. But, you got me with the Jokbal. I guess we can cal-" Jinyoung was cut off (again) by Taemin's response.

"I am serious" he was a bit disappointed that she took it as a joke.

"Y-you are?" Jinyoung stuttered. "So, Jinhye eonni was wrong?" she thought to herself.

Flashback

Since Jinyoung was not able to sleep well, she looked like a robber took her face and changed it with an overly-tired crying-for-sleep one.

"Oh! You startled me!" Jinhye, Jinyoung's older sister exclaimed as she was about to leave the bathroom. "What happened to you? Did you and Taemin fight over something last night, I heard you guys yelling but it's all muffled" worry began to form on her face as she asks her sister.

"EONNI!" Jinyoung cried to her and suddenly hugged her.

"Why? What is it? Let's go to my room, mom and dad might think that I made you cry" Jinyoung followed her sister to her room, still not releasing her from the hug. They sat down on the bed and Jinhye started patting her sister's back to comfort her.

"What happened? Are you alright?" her soft voice calmed Jinyoung a bit.

"Eonni, Taemin kissed me last night" she answered while sobbing.

"Oh, that boy! How dare he do that to you? I swear if I see him again, OH I DON'T KNOW I WILL BE ABLE TO DO TO HIM" Jinhye was so furious while reaching for a bottle of water for Jinyoung.

"Eonni, that's not the only reason why I'm mad. I don't know why but I kinda liked it. Eonni, what am I going to do?" she cried harder and her sister became confused with the situation as she also told her about the confession.

"Hey, Park Jin Young! Would you really know if he was even serious last night? What if it was just all his sleepiness talking? You're the one who said that he came after an endless schedule. You should not always believe the words of a sleep deprived person, they are not fully aware of what they say or do. You should talk to him when he is well-rested before catching any feelings for him as well" she explained and Jinyoung diligently followed her sister's advice.

She was thinking about talking to Taemin when she suddenly received a message from him, asking her to meet him by their old hang out place.
She nervously got ready, hoping that what her sister told her was not true, and that what Taemin said was not a result of sleep deprivation, because she is already losing control of her feelings for him.

End of flashback

"I guess my feelings started to build up when I saw how much happiness I can give you if I continue being at SM. You became my inspiration to train harder and do my best to be an idol. I know it sounds weird, but I always pray to dream of you, because even though we don't get to see each other most of the time, I want to at least be with you when I rest so that I can always be motivated to give my all when performing. I wanted to tell you about it for a long time, but I was afraid that you may not talk to me anymore. But, when you told me about this guy, I was more afraid that you will eventually end up together, and so I chose to risk it all than to lose you to someone without even knowing what I feel for you" Taemin was able to gather all his courage and was able to follow his hyungs' advice.

"Taemin-ah, are you really serious?" Jinyoung is still having some second thoughts because she doesn't want to give in and have false hope.

"Please give me a chance to prove my words to you. If it would not affect our friendship in a bad way, will you go out with me?" Taemin held her hands as he asks for permission.

"We'll have to talk to our families first" Jinyoung chuckled and they hugged each other.
~

Their families supported them as if they already thought of this happening. The two also made it known with the agency and they have agreed upon keeping it from the public and being secretive as possible.
~

Their relationship was indeed filled with love and they were surrounded with people who fully support them, but tiny arguments cannot be avoided, especially when it comes to Jinyoung's food (🤭)
----

Hey luvs! I am so glad that there are at least some who are reading my story. I was also overwhelmed when I was notified that my work was added to someone's reading list. Thank you so much! I hope everyone is staying safe during these tough times. Don't lose hope! We will overcome this together!