CHAPTER 34

I asked Daria to wait in the car as I crept into the restaurant. The restaurant was really far away from home. Why would he travel all the way here? I still didn’t want to jump into conclusion. I kept an open mind.

All the while in the car, I kept looking at Daria. The look on her face says worry, but nothing more. I felt bad for bothering her. I planned on apologizing later. Tell her what’s going on, maybe not. It’s still too soon to think it meant anything.

He took a sit on one at one of the table. The restaurant is fancy with the tables just for two. A server made her way towards me and I flew up. I didn’t want to call any attention, so I took a seat nearby, too.

I saw him waiting patiently. He must have been in this restaurant before, from the way he sat down. He must really love that table. As I waited, my mind drifted back to Daria, whom I almost forgot about.

I wondered if she’s still waiting. Wouldn't blame Dara if she left me in a place I didn't know. I almost went back to the car, but I glued my eyes to them.

Lucy was cat-walking down to his table. Smiling sexily at the old man. She got approached, and I watched the old man fly to his feet. Who could have guessed he had such agility in him? She leaned in and planned a kiss not on his cheek, but on his lips. I literally froze.

Disgusted as she remains such a feline and sleeky. What the hell are these two doing to together?

I knew I needed to hear what they were going to talking about. I was desperate and almost going nuts. If I miss this, I might never have such a chance again.

Can Daria really help me? I thought to myself. Is it wise to let her in on this drama? Before my mind could answer the question, I rose quickly, bumping into that same server on my out.

She looked like she could murder me at that moment. I wish I could tell her I wasn’t crazy, just in a bit of a situation.
I rushed out, looked for our car, and a smile crossed my face.

I opened the door to meet her wide eyes, shooting lasers at me. She must really hate me right now.

“Hey! What the hell is going on” I placed my hand on her mouth before she could say anything else, causing her eyes to go wide.

“I need your help” I removed my hands and looked at her. I wanted her to see my helplessness and vulnerability. That I might lose the most important thing in my life to someone who doesn’t even want it or knows its value. That being Demilade.

“Whats going on?” I think she sensed it cause she said in a whisper. One where I could still make out anger, but I was sure she’d help me.

“I need you to go in there and spy on Lucy and the man she’s with right now. I need you to hear all that they are talking about and come back to tell me. Please...” I pulled on the ease.

“ What? Why?”

“I need you to go now. There’s an empty table behind them. You know Lucy, right?” I asked, losing what’s left of my patience.

“Yeah, but why” she asked again. Can I blame her?

“Promise me you’ll do it. And I’ll tell you all you need to know on our way home”.

“You better.” She got out of the car cursing loudly and I just smile.

Wait! I yelled from the car, causing her to spin and a few people look at me.

”What again?” She sounded frustrated.
”Does she know you?” I asked impatiently.

“I don’t know. We’ve met once. That day I prayed we never crossed paths again. I don’t think so.” It did not satisfy me, the answer, you, but it’s worth the risk.