𝟳 - Diagon Alley

"Oh dear! What's all the fuzz about?"

Hill turned to the direction of the sound and saw a short, plump, kind-faced woman. She had curled orange hair cupping her round face and was wearing a flowered apron. In her hand was a wooden spatula, with some burnt egg white sticking to its edge.

"Hello miss, my name is Hill." She put on a friendly smile and reached out her hand.

The woman stared at her tiny hand for a minute before she grinned widely, "You don't have to be so formal, kid. Molly Weasley."

Hill stiffly pulled back her hand, "I'm sorry that I barged in here, Mrs. Weasley."

"Oh, no worries. You must be Harry's friend!" Mrs. Weasley wiped her hand over her apron, "And is that a Hogwarts acceptance letter I see? Are you a first-year too?"

"Um, yes." Hill quickly peered over to Harry before answering, "I'm... actually not so sure what I should do. So I came to ask Harry."

"That's wonderful!" The woman exclaimed. "We are just about to head to Diagon Alley for school supplies, you can tag along."

Hill awkwardly nodded, "Thank you, miss."

"Now..." Mrs. Weasley turned to the door, "Arthur and Ron! What are you two doing standing there! Hurry over and finish your breakfast, there's no time to waste!"

She swiftly turned around and her short body disappeared behind a stack of pots and books.

The ginger-haired man looked at Hill and pulled out a rather forced smile before following Mrs. Weasley into the kitchen.

The boy, who had finished chewing the bread, continued to stand there and stare at her. After a few seconds, he suddenly blurted out, "I'm Ron. Ron Weasley."

"You are Ron!" Hill called out, finally, another character I know! She then covered her mouth realizing how loud she'd spoken. "Sorry, I... nice to meet you."

Harry looked back and forth at her surprised face and Ron's confused one. The boy decided to break the awkward tension, "Do you want some tea, Hill?"

"Yea, of course. Thanks." She sat down at the table, noticing the little girl that had been in this chair was gone. Ron handed her a small china cup that had cracked a bit at its rim, with steaming yellow-green liquid inside. She sniffed it and wrinkled her nose. She was about to place down the cup but then saw the two pairs of curious eyes gazing at her. Hill sighed and braced herself, taking a tiny sip. The tea was surprisingly good despite its funky smell.

"So, you are Hill?" Ron spoke with excitement, "Harry talks about you like, a lot." He paused before uttering out the next sentence, "but I pictured you as... as..."

"A creepy looking woman?" Hill answered with a smile, "You are not wrong. I was."

All that was left on Ron's face was confusion.

"How... what happened, Hill?" Harry asked.

"Well," She placed the cup down and crankled her neck, "How long was I gone?"

"...A year." The boy muttered.

"Then I was in a forest for a year, drinking my potions every day." Hill tapped her finger on the side of the cup. "Then I woke up like this. I can't quite explain it either."

"And you are going to Hogwarts now... does that make you one year younger than me?" Harry rubbed his nose and said tentatively.

She bit her upper lip in response, hesitant with her answer. In order to take care of Harry, she had to go to that school with him, right? Also, she'd waved the acceptance letter in front of him like a proud three-year-old. It would take some time and wise words to convince the boy not to hate her for going away a second time.